Author Topic: Finally time to say goodbye...  (Read 2221 times)

dirty old ralph

Finally time to say goodbye...
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:54:58 PM »
To all I know and never met I have had a few weeks back to work and the sad realization has hit me. I cannot continue to do 2 things in my life anymore that are needed and dominate my time more than I like. I am finishing my outstanding orders and then will ask one final time if there is anyone that wants to get a suit kit for a super cheap price.

I am going to quit making stormtrooper items for good once this run is over. I will make a few other items but nothing that requires 4 weeks of extra work after hours per item anymore. I dont have the energy to do that and I wont offer bulk kits either due to the rampant re-casters out there and their philosophies. I love you all and am so glad I know each and everyone of you.

But after 15 years I want to start to enjoy being me and my family time now. If my family was into costuming and stuff I would stay, but they all would prefer a road trip as a family over a convention. This was not an easy decision to make for me, but the needed one. My medical conditions are stable at this time but it is not fair to have people waiting so long for something and it is not my intention to do that at all.

So, the final run of kits for members here will be a silly $500 for a suit kit that includes the helmet.  If you would like one, chime in here. DO NOT send me a PM as I wont check them. I dont have the time. I can pull the kits in about 4 days time once they are paid for.

I am finishing items for Kreator, Mosi, Tony and Steve. Once done I wont be taking on any new orders. I will have kits I can sell people for the following items:

rebel helmet
X wing kits
Death Star Trooper helmet

So, if you would like a suit kit for that price, contact me at: dirtyoldralph@gmail.com

Thank you..

Matt

Offline Neobizero

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Finally time to say goodbye...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »
Matt,

I dont think I have met  you yet. This sounds like a tough choice you have come to. I hope everything works out in the best for you and your family.

As an up and coming TK, I still need a suit. so, I have the cash if you have the will to breathe life in to one final TK....

I will follow up with an email to your gmail account. PM me here, email or what have you.

Best wishes.

Jesse.
Stranger... "Why are you dressed as a stormtrooper?"
Me... "Its casual Friday, dident you get the memo?"

Offline Lieutenant Yorn

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
Sorry to hear this Matt but I understand. Life gets crazy and we do what we have to do. Do you happen to have any pics of your IN helmets you have made?
Kyle Ciminski / 5734 / Garrison Titan GPRO
Detachments: Armored Cavalry Detachment / Imperial Officer Corps / 1st Air Cavalry / 822nd Imperial Medical Corps
Uniforms: IS / ID Black (ANH) / IN (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) IN ID (ANH, ROTJ) / IC (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) / IM

dirty old ralph

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:26:49 AM »
No pics yet sadly. I am waiting STILL for the darned black plastic to come in to my supplier. Once that happens I can show that off.

Jesse - Email is coming today when I get home from work.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
I am finishing items for Tony

Yeah so where is it......?~!~?
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

dirty old ralph

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »
Actually its tony with the comic store. I am not able to do work anymore without having payment in advance. Sorry...

Tags: