Author Topic: 06.04.2016 Starlight Parade  (Read 22107 times)

Offline MissyThing

06.04.2016 Starlight Parade
« on: February 28, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »
Hey guys, its that time again!
We have now appeared in the Starlight parade for over 10 years and our presence is one the crowds really look for. It's one of our most popular events and one where many people who come up to us at other troop events tell us its the event where they first saw us.  It's a fun parade, a great chance to get our groups in front of thousands of people, and a really unique experience!

"NORMAL EVENT STUFF"

EVENT TYPE: SWO Informal - http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=8057.0
WHAT: Starlight Parade
WHERE: Meet in the park blocks at the corner of Park and Couch. This is where we will hang out leading up to the event.
DATE: Saturday, June 4th
TIMES: Streets seem to close earlier every year - so its best to get there REAL early if you want to get choice parking, so we suggest you arrive before around 4:00 p.m. Once again we'll set up shop in the Park blocks until it's time to get suited up. The parade begins at 8:30. Expect to get into costume well ahead of when we start marching. We typically spend awhile standing around in costume before we start marching (lids off).
CAUSE: Group PR and morale booster
PARKING: Parking in the pay lot costs about $5. We normally park in the lot at the NW corner of Couch and Broadway. Once I get a firm grip on our position in the parade I will post details/pics of parking lots/areas.
CHANGING AND STORAGE: Parking lot/car changing. Lock your valuables in your car. Spotters may be able to carry small items (like your car keys) that you need to keep with you, but don't count on them carrying lots of stuff.
OTHER DETAILS: Take a look at the Trooping and Spotting Overview for answers to many of your spotting questions.
SWO EVENT LEAD: Phil

Our entry fee is $400. Phil's fronting the cost, and as in years past we'll ask for each costumer to contribute $15. Spotters do not need to pay, though donations would be appreciated. You can pay through PayPal, cash, or check. Send your PayPal Payments to philchil@mac.com

OTHER DETAILS
All parade participants must be at least 12 years old.
No disintegrations.
The parade route is about 2.25 miles long. Pace is a relatively fast walk.
Water will be available before and after the parade, but we should try to limit drinking water while on the parade route.
Food is not readily available near our staging area. Bring food with you and be sure to eat it so you have energy to complete the parade route.
We'll post as soon as we have details about our placement in the parade (our order #).
Everyone needs to be wearing a parade-worthy costume. That means no tennis shoes or obvious variance from the costume you are emulating. After all, the parade is at night, and we move pretty fast. If in doubt, ask Phil or any of the admins.
Each parade participant will receive a "Starlight 2016" patch. These will be limited production just for the parade only.

We will be on TV We work hard to have an excellent presence, Details do show up under those bright TV lights!
Any surplus funds from registration will be put toward our website renewal costs.

Spotters:
Missy
Joel
Rat
Raphael
Adam
Aubrey +1
Heide +2
Hannah
Jason
Justin
Rick
Michael
Carl B.
Dallin
Carrie B.
Wendy L.
Jenna
Hayley
Marcel
Dave
Cat
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:31:44 AM by MissyThing »
Jedi Missy

Offline MtnScramble

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 06.11.2016 Starlight Parade
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:31:15 AM »
Having heard about this from B-Pfau, I am interested. How many spotters do you want/need?

Just checked, I am not on call that weekend Woohoo.  --- Mtn

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
Having heard about this from B-Pfau, I am interested. How many spotters do you want/need?

Just checked, I am not on call that weekend Woohoo.  --- Mtn

We usually need quite a few spotters.  It depends on how many costumers we get signed up, but the more the merrier!  We'll look forward to seeing you there.
Jedi Missy

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 03:07:39 AM »
Pecil me in Missy. Hopefully I will be able to make it this year.

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:01:33 AM »
Missy, I noticed the date is wrong in the title for the event.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline MissyThing

Re: 06.04.2016 Starlight Parade
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 12:44:24 AM »
Sorry about that, but it looks like someone got it corrected for me.  Thanks!!

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline saberwolff

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »
       TK 2129 here, I've got 3 confirmed 1 more possible spotter for the parade. 2 are past spotters and a couple of newbies. Names are ;
       Raphael,  Adam,  Aubrey,  1 more and I'll get the name for you later.
                                                                                                               Saberwolff,  Will
Will

Offline bpresson

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
I'm signed up as a TK, but I was wondering if my wife could come as a spotter? She's not a member of the garrison/base though.

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »
I'm signed up as a TK, but I was wondering if my wife could come as a spotter? She's not a member of the garrison/base though.

She does not need to be a member.  We'd love to have her join us.  Let me know if she is interested.
Jedi Missy

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:44:02 PM »
       TK 2129 here, I've got 3 confirmed 1 more possible spotter for the parade. 2 are past spotters and a couple of newbies. Names are ;
       Raphael,  Adam,  Aubrey,  1 more and I'll get the name for you later.
                                                                                                               Saberwolff,  Will

Great!  See you all there.
Jedi Missy

Offline bpresson

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »
Ok. My wife, Heide, said she'd come spot. I'll get her the spotter's guide. Let me know if there is anything else I need to pass on.

Offline Trumby

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
Hannah will be spotting again

Offline Darth Mel

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »
Missy,
I have two spotters coming:  Jason & Justin Newman.   I will forward them the spotter's guide.

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »
Thanks, Mel!

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline james.p.moser

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
If I don't get my approval for my TK I am finishing I will be there as a spotter but may arrive close to 4 as I will be coming straight from work. I'll update you either way. Excited to be a part of the SW Oregon family in any capacity! By the way I didn't see it mentioned but it's also the 40th year of Starlight so they are expecting massive crowds!

Jim
Jim - TK50899

Tags: