Author Topic: portable changing room  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Aysel

portable changing room
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »
ok, so I've been tossing around this idea for a while now...and the parade clinched it for me. For those times when we can't get private changing areas this would be perfect.

Deluxe Mobile Changing Room
this would be perfect for those times. And I think it would be a worth while investment.

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: portable changing room
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »
They wouldnt be big enough for us troopers that need the extra space for armor. ;)
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »
However, they would be perfect for getting out of street clothes and into the underarmor!

Unless someone is making a Sky Trooper :P

Offline Aysel

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »
That is a valid point Zolotkey, but like Volund said you could get into your soft parts and then just step out and put your hard parts on...most of you do that already anyway...the idea could also be taken one step farther....just a regular tent set up as a changing booth could work as well...(the kind you can stand up in) and in "hiding" yourself as you get ready in the open troops, it makes the impact of your presence that much bigger. Either that or an outdoor pavilion with walls might be a good option. The need for this sort of thing hit me this weekend as we were getting ready for the parade, where in a couple of cases some people had to use a human barrier to hide the fact that someone had to drop their drawers to get changed into their soft parts...it's lucky for Karyn and I that they had wheelchair accessible port-a-potties available (even if it was a 3 or so block walk)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »
This would be more suited for folks who don't wear armor.... as those who wear armor can, and often do wear their underarmor.

With that said, a lot of the ladies who need a private area to change into their dresses or cat suits or whatever would do well to have one on hand.

For myself.... I make use of someone's car before dropping my shorts to reveal my Dark Side boxers!  :wink:

This is not a bad idea to have one. I would suggest maybe setting up an interest thread to see who can chip in to pay for something like this for the benefit of the garrison.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Aysel

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
I think I found our perfect thing

linkie

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »
I already have a canopy just like that. I never purchased the sides for it though.

Although the one Aysel posted looks like it would be a faster set up and wouldn't need as much space. really all you need is something to get into the under armor or whatever is needed to be decent, but it would be good to have something that we could get fully suited in, for the Superman effect lol
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »
thats exactly what I was thinking, the Superman effect! but you also have to think of us non-armor types as it's NOT convenient to wear before events :mrgreen:

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
We've found a 10'x10' like that for $20.  All we would need then is a couple of sets of king size sheets to go over the walls and it would be perfect.  It's also a quick setup.  And, if there is ever an outdoor event, it could double as a roof for a potential booth.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:55 PM »
yep, i think they come in black or white too, throw an imperial cog on there and we'd looking all official an stuff.
The issue then is where do we keep something like that so its available to everyone at any big troop and not contingent on one person showing for it to be there?
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »
At $20 each, we could pick up a couple and have them located at the north and south "most frequent atendee.  Basically, one in portland or salem and the other in Eugene/Springfield.  Either that, or it could be passed from event to event.

Either that, or two could be purchased (one Imp one Reb).  They could be kept north and south, brought together for really big happenings (like Starlight) where there is a more "gender-diverse" or just plain larger group that needs to change.

Tags: