Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 08/24/2008 - Annual "Light Vader's Saber" DCH Fundraiser  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Hoot

Re: 08/24/2008 - Annual "Light Vader's Saber" DCH Fundraiser
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »

Matt I will put you on the list as a tentative spotter.

- Bill

Thanks.
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »
Not a problem.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 08:16:22 AM »
Bump..Anyone else Roster up.. Thanks
Allan Quick

Offline Hoot

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 02:13:57 PM »

Matt I will put you on the list as a tentative spotter.

- Bill
Bill,

Make it official the boss said, "OK", for me not to work.

I was also wondering about parking.  Where can we?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:02:25 PM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
I will make the necesary change.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »
Hey,

I know I am a little late to the party, but could you use a Jedi?

I just got added to Kashyyyk base.

I know this is something you do every year, but can anyone give some details to a new guy?  What do you really do at the event?  What could I help with? Are family members welcome at the event?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »
This is a family friendly event, so yes, your family is welcome. Last year we did trooper olympics and had a Jedi training course. This year we are adding an awards ceremony to say thanks to all of those who have supported us.

All you need to do is show up, have fun and enjoy the day. The focus of his event is to raise money for Doenbecher's Children's Hospital, which is Cloud City Garrison's host charity. How we do this is we light Vader's Saber. Basically,every trooper has pics of themselves (3.5x5 or 4x6). Kids see a trooper they like and pay a dollar to get an autographed photo of their favorite trooper. The dollars are wrapped in red tissue paper, which is then put in a clear tube attached to a replica Vader saber. It is a pretty effective way to raise the money.

If you don't have pics made up, it really isn't a huge deal. But if you do have pics of you in your costume, Kinkos does them for something like .38 - .45 a print (depending on size of print). Realistically, I think if you get somewhere between 75 and 100 prints, you should be fine. I've always got that many for these events and I ended up having some left over. If you have some left over, that is ok. You can always use them for something else in the future. Bring a sharpie pen as well. I have found tht black and blue work well. Silver is good, too. I used red, but it really doesn't show up that well.

That is pretty much what we do. Any other questions, feel free to ask away! I look forward to seeing you there!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 11:04:38 AM »
Hey guys....

Here is another idea as far as advertising for the event on Sunday. Since Luis Palau is in town today and tomorrow, it might not be a bad idea for troopers to come to downtown to pass out flyers. Since we are doing an event for a legitimate charity, this might be a great way to ring in some more donations.

I spoke to Robin about this and she asked me to throw it out there for anyone to do. However, neither of us can come down and do it. She has last minute preparations and I have other preparations to attend to myself (then off to work a wedding tomorrow night).

So, whoever has flyers and want to do this, it would be greatly appreciated. No worries if nobody can do this. I just thought I would throw it out there...

- Bill

- Corran Horn

JadesFire

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 05:47:12 PM »
I'll be there Sunday, but my class doesn't get finished until 12 so I will probably be late. I will however, be bringing my camera again so yay for that! Unfortunately I will still be spotting, my costume has been put on hold for awhile, due to various reasons but mostly because I am beginning my Master's program and will not have as much time to work on it... sigh.. anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone tere Sunday!
Jodi

Offline Hoot

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »
Bill,

Thanks for the update.  Sill I would like to know about parking my car? Where is a good place near by, anyone?

Edit:

Question answered.  For those who don't know here is a link.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:23:25 AM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline Hoot

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »
Everyone,

Great event!!  :D :D :D  I also want to apologize for not being at the restaurant, afterward.  I have a standing dinner, on Sundays, with my family and the dinner was at 5:30 tonight. 
-Matthew

JadesFire

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 09:09:49 AM »
Okies photos from my camara are up... sadly I didn't get pictures of the award ceremony or the raffle... hopefully the other camaras there will have gotten something! Also, congrats to Steph for having decent photos to submit for her app now ;)

Jade

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Thank you, Jodi. =P I submitted my application early this morning. Here goes nothing...

Are those pictures in the gallery yours? Or are there more pictures hiding somewhere?

Aaaand I for sure want to see the fierceness of the Nightsister posse.  :D

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:31:47 PM by sigmarue »

JadesFire

MUAHAHA lol most of those pics are from my camara... plus theres a couple up now from allens I think... not sure though who they came from.... however i do know there were more camaras snapping so hopefully more Nightsister action will be forthcoming..... >.> <,<

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I'm waiting on the action poses. As much as I love Bill's "oh snap" face, it's time for the serious business.

P.S.... that's an awesome shot XD

Tags: