Author Topic: 08.18.10 Weird Al Concert in Chehalis, WA (Wednesday)  (Read 23174 times)

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 08.18.10 Weird Al Concert in Chehalis, WA (Wednesday)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »
Just wanted to remind folks that we need more characters to make this concert a go!  It's a weeknight, which makes it difficult for many, but it's not a bad drive north of Portland - only about 90 minutes tops.

My brother, Joel, would like to be added as a guest/spotter as I'll need assistance with my Vader gear and he lives only about 30 minutes away from the concert.

Offline Hoot

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 10:40:45 PM »
I was wondering if this event is still on? I ask because it's not on, our (Cloud City), calander.
-Matthew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 08:00:34 AM »
I was wondering if this event is still on? I ask because it's not on, our (Cloud City), calander.

This is a Titan Event Matt, it is on their calender, and CCG may help. We only put CCG only on our calender.
Allan Quick

Offline Hoot

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
This is a Titan Event Matt, it is on their calender, and CCG may help. We only put CCG only on our calender.
Thanks, Allen.  :oops: :oops:
-Matthew

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »
Yes, this is a Garrison Titan event, but I invited Cloud City Garrison members to come and troop it.
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
I have heard back from the Weird Al concert promoter. He has opened up the costume types to the following:
1. Stormtroopers (first preference)
2. Biker Scouts
3. Sand Troopers
4. Snow Troopers
5. Imperial Guards (least preference)
6. Clone Troopers
7. Tusken Raiders

The preference is to have an even number of troopers to be balanced on either side of Weird Al during the concert. The preference is for a number of anywhere between 6 and 12, but can go as low as 4.

If Darth Vader is available (but not required), he would be positioned in the center of the troopers.

Optional 2 other masked characters, such as Boba Fett.
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
I have heard back from the Weird Al concert promoter. He has opened up the costume types to the following:
2. Biker Scouts
3. Sand Troopers
4. Snow Troopers
6. Clone Troopers
7. Tusken Raiders

The preference is to have an even number of troopers to be balanced on either side of Weird Al during the concert. The preference is for a number of anywhere between 6 and 12, but can go as low as 4.

If Darth Vader is available (but not required), he would be positioned in the center of the troopers.

Is my bid as biker scout still on the table?  And what's the scoop on my wife as a handler?  Does this cover fair admission as well?
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949
www.angelfire.com/empire2/hosaycuervo

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
2. Biker Scouts
3. Sand Troopers
4. Snow Troopers
6. Clone Troopers
7. Tusken Raiders

Is my bid as biker scout still on the table?  And what's the scoop on my wife as a handler?  Does this cover fair admission as well?

1 spotter and 1 photographer are permitted. Right now, there is a spotter rostered: Oomar Galor. If he doesn't want to do it, then that would open a spot for your wife to attend. Do you want to roster as a TB either way?
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 12:14:05 AM »
I posted on the Titan forum, but my brother, Joel, lives in Olympia and would like to be listed as a guest.  (And hopefully as an assist to my Vader suit-up process even if just that, then sent back out to wherever guests will be located.)

Thanks, really looking forward to this one.

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »
1 spotter and 1 photographer are permitted. Right now, there is a spotter rostered: Oomar Galor. If he doesn't want to do it, then that would open a spot for your wife to attend. Do you want to roster as a TB either way?
I'll send my wife into the stands with her dad and/or brother. 
I would like to come in TB either way.
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949
www.angelfire.com/empire2/hosaycuervo

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 12:17:02 PM »
All right, we have Vader and two unmatched clones (Gree and a 501st clone).  We have a shocktrooper and a TB in the wings.  I don't think Weird Al was looking for that because we don't have any true pairs.  Anyone got any suggestions or alternate costumes they can wear? I would hate to show up and have them say, "No thanks" because we don't have pairs. 
Theresa
BH 2828

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
As I found out yesterday, Nick's 501st Clone is not ready and won't be in time for the concert.  So we could really use a pair of Biker Scouts if possible, and possibly one more character which could then be listed as part of the two optional slots with Gree.

I will be in contact with the tour manager next week once we have a better idea of who is able to attend and whether they'll approve whatever our roster looks like at the time.

Offline Mosi

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »
Really, why aren't there more Titans volunteering for this? It was a good time and is a closer drive for them.
pew pew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
Really, why aren't there more Titans volunteering for this? It was a good time and is a closer drive for them.
I agree Marc.   Titan  should rally it since it is their territory. They should follow up and give us information as they get it. I know that they invited us, but it should not be David overseeing this one. It is Titan's Event. we are invited guests. I do appreciate that David is willing to help them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:59:08 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
I agree Marc.   Titan  should rally it since it is their territory. They should follow up and give us information as they get it. I know that they invited us, but it should not be David overseeing this one. It is Titan's Event. we are invited guests. I do appreciate that David is willing to help them.

Here's the problem: GT has no members living in the general vicinity of Chehalis. We don't even have one member in Olympia. The nearest members to Chehalis live in Auburn & Renton, which is not particularly close. Also, the Chehalis concert is on a Wednesday night and pretty much anyone who has considered doing the concert has to work the next day. Now, it isn't that GT members won't travel that far south to do an event: there are several members who have rostered for that car show event scheduled for 9/19 (a Sunday) down in Chehalis. That event ends in the afternoon, which gives people plenty of time to get home and rest up for work the next day.

There are some other things compounding the timing of the Chehalis concert: there's another Weird Al concert in Linden, WA the night before. Linden is up by the Canadian border. A few GT members have rostered for that event along with one member of the Outer Rim Squad of the Badlands Garrison. Still, very few are available because it's on a Tuesday night: another work night. We have one member living in Bellingham, which is just a stone's throw from Linden, but that member has never rostered on the GT boards. I plan to email him tonight about his availability for the concert.

The last thing compounding this is that both concerts are immediately after CV. There are a lot of GT members travelling to Orlando for CV, which runs from 8/12 to 8/15. No one who is going to CV has shown any interest in doing either concert, which both occur right after they get back. Logistically for GT, these 2 concerts couldn't have been at a worse time or in worse locations. Had Weird Al been doing the Puyallup Fair or at least anything closer in to Seattle or Spokane, we'd have a much better turn out.
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Tags: