Linked Events

• 7th Annual Pig Bowl Flag: September 26, 2009

Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 09-26-2009, 7th Annual Pig Bowl Flag, Saturday  (Read 21649 times)

Offline Rattlehead

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: MISSION COMPLETE: 09-26-2009, 7th Annual Pig Bowl Flag, Saturday
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
Thanks Bill, glad to have your support. All of you guys just enhanced what we have been doing all along. It made it better and richer and that is what it is all about besides putting smiles on children.

Thanks all!
\\\"He will join us or die my master.\\\"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
Well, I have certain passions in my life. And any chance I get where I can help out the law enforcement community and do some charity work, as well, I am all over it!

Anytime I can rub elbows with cops and make kids happy, I am having a good day!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2009, 03:33:08 PM »
That totally makes my day.

Offline Rattlehead

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 09:22:39 AM »
Well it is official we have the final amount and will be handing a check to the family today.

Are you ready?

$19,310

Pretty crazy that we have come this far.

Thanks you for those that showed. My sons and daughter have still been hearing talk at school about the "Star Wars guys" at the Pig Bowl. Everyone take care and I will be on a few times this year saying hi and if possible I will come down and visit.

Long live the Empire!

I have to update the amount as we have had an anonymous donation...

$20310.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 02:41:45 PM »
Curt, do we have any pictures from the photographers that were on the field that we do not already have in our gallery?

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »
Yeah.... call me selfish, but I want to see the pics of me in the helicopter!  :mrgreen:

-Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 03:19:11 PM »
Yeah.... call me selfish, but I want to see the pics of me in the helicopter!  :mrgreen:

-Bill
:x :deadhorse:
-Matthew

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »
what helicopter, I didn't see anyone with a helicopter.

Offline Rattlehead

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
Yeah, I have been waiting for the photos. Should be sometime this week. I will get them to you all as soon as possible.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 07:37:56 AM »
Thanks, Curt. You da man!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Rattlehead

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
Very very sorry about not getting more photos to you as soon as I had hoped. Right after the Pig Bowl I have been swamped. The holidays have not helped as I'm sure all of you have been busy as well. I have someone working on putting photos together to send out and I hope to have them very soon. Now that I have said this. I have some bad news.

Jennifer Erin (Barney) Magill, 33, died Dec. 29, 2009 after a long battle with cancer.
     She was born on July 15, 1976 in Hood Riverand grew up in Hood River and The Dalles, graduating from Wahtonka High School in 1994.
     After high school, she attended Western Culinary Institute graduating with a degree in culinary arts in 1996. She married Jason Magill in 1997 and they welcomed their son, Gavin, in 2003. The family lived in Mosier and The Dalles, and she worked at several local banks.
     She was a wife and mother who enjoyed cooking and traveling her entire life.
She is survived by her husband, Jason Magill; son, Gavin Magill; father, Bill Barney; mother and father-in-law, Darryl and Leona Magill; grandmother, Gayla Hill and countless friends and extended family.
     She was preceded in death by her mother, Tanith (Karen) Barney.
     Many in the community came to know her through the annual Pig Bowl, and the family wishes to offer their sincerest thanks to all those who contributed to the fund and supported her through this event.
     She requested that anyone interested in making a financial contribution in her memory do so by giving to a savings fund for Gavin?s future education. To fulfill this wish, the Jennifer Magill Memorial Fund has been set up at Columbia River Bank.

Again I want to thank all of you from the CCG and with your help it has made her last few months that much better. I spoke to Jason her husband and he said that she remained in high spirits right up to the end and that he plans on being back out next year for another Pig Bowl and I hope you all will be there as well. Take care and I will be getting photos out soon.
Curt Harth
Pig Bowl Coordinator

Tags: