Linked Events

• Barnes & Noble Eugene Event: March 22, 2008

Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: Barnes and Noble Book Store..Event.... Eugene..March 22, 2008  (Read 15052 times)

Qui-Fawn

Re: Barnes and Noble Book Store..Event.... Eugene..March 2008
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
I can be there!

JadesFire

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:46:48 AM »
as of right now I am working so cannot attend, however if my staffing coordinator gets his butt in gear maybe ill be able to come >.< pray for this please, as at the moment I am worn to a nubbin and contemplating jumping off a cliff >.<

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »
as of right now I am working so cannot attend, however if my staffing coordinator gets his butt in gear maybe ill be able to come >.< pray for this please, as at the moment I am worn to a nubbin and contemplating jumping off a cliff >.<

Awww Jodi.. I hope something works out soon.. You need your Sanity....Peace, Allan

Keep us posted We would love you to make it down.. Your an Awesome Spotter
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Barnes and Noble Book Store..Event.... Eugene..March 22, 2008
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »
 :D BUMP added to Roster
Allan Quick

Offline RHEBB

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »
Chewy can be there I just need an address, and what time we need to be there.
Rick Hebb

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
Chewy can be there I just need an address, and what time we need to be there.

That's great news!  The starting time for the trooping is 11:00 AM, though the time is flexible based on travel time...we plan on having the event going until about 4:00 PM, so whatever works best.  (FYI: Both the store's event signage and the Library's promotion flyers state the 11:00 AM start time.)

As for location, here's Google Maps...

and here's the Store Locator at BN.com.

Let me know if you need any add'l information.  Thanks so much for doing this!

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
WOO HOO ..The Mighty Chewbacca..Thanks Rick  you are added.
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »
This Event topic, and Roster stays unlocked for Barnes and Noble Coordinator to give updates.. Thanks, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »
Slightly off-topic: In case there are any fans of the series, Karen Traviss' Revelation is available and on our bookshelves at the Barnes & Noble Eugene location.

Also: I met briefly with one of the board members this morning -- we're in a small holding pattern as we near the end of February, but once March hits, the Library will begin promoting in full "Force" (I had to throw that in), especially once we receive the posters.

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
Mark your calender March 22nd and Make this Event a Major Success Troopers.. Roster up..Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 12:12:14 PM »
Bump... adjusted Roster...Thanks
Allan Quick

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »
The roster looks great -- thanks for rallying such a strong response!  We're all really looking forward to the day!

We received the posters and they're going up in the bookstore.  I'll also have a couple extra to post elsewhere, such as at the Volunteer Library and other places that make sense.  I'll also be sending out a mass e-mail at the end of this week to my list, which includes about 1,000 educators in the area.  I'll be sure to include the PDF of the poster I originally posted on the board, or something very similar.

I sent out a media release mid-February that had a complete event listing for March.  Both I and the Volunteer Library will be sending out another release next week, and as we near the date, I'll be sure to contact the local television stations.  The Volunteer Library also submitted some copy for the River Road Park District newsletter that should go out to River Road residents very soon.

We have two rooms that can be for CCG's prep and staging use on Mar 22.  Our breakroom can accommodate a lot of folks, but depending on the size of the tubs, we may overflow into our warehouse, which is huge.  Don't worry about the space.

Also: I'd like to pick up a 4-foot party sub for the Garrison to munch on as a small "thank you" -- are there any dietary restrictions amongst your roster?

As for directions to our store, here's the text version:

From I-5: Take Exit #195 and go west on Beltline Hwy, then south on Delta Hwy (towards Valley River Center Mall).  We're at 1163 Valley River Drive -- across the street from the mall -- in the same "lot" as ToysRUs, Ross, and PetCo.

And here are two URLs folks can input their addresses for specific directions:

Google Maps

BN.com

Please let me know if anyone has any questions -- I'll be in touch soon, and I'm meeting with Allan in the coming weeks to go over details/logistics.

Cheers,
Andrew
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 05:32:23 PM by Quick2 »

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »
This is the New Update on release that is being sent out: TO newpapers, Media, etc etc..

I hope those who have not signed up will do so... This event is big for CCG

HERE IS THE NEW UPDATE...PLEASE READ
**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

WHO:    Adults and children of all ages are invited to meet the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library, local author Kevin Kurtz, and members of the Cloud City Garrison, costumed guests from the Star Wars universe.

WHAT:   Meet the Kevin Kurtz, author of the non-fiction picturebook A Day in the Salt Marsh, and members of the Cloud City Garrison of the 501st, the world?s premier Star Wars costuming group ? their ranks include ?Chewbacca?, ?Darth Vader, ?Princess Leia?, Imperial Stormtroopers, and more ? all in support of a Barnes & Noble Bookfair for the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library.

WHERE:   Barnes & Noble Eugene
   1163 Valley River Drive
      Eugene, OR 97401
   (541) 687-0356
      Across from the Valley River Center Mall.

WHEN:      Saturday, March 22, 2008
      From 11:00 AM to ~4:00 PM
Author Kevin Kurtz appears at 1:00 PM for a Storytime and Booksigning.

COST:      FREE / OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Eugene, OR, March 6, 2008 ? Barnes & Noble Eugene invites the community to join us for a fun-filled day of activities and very special guests all in support of the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library.  In an effort to raise funds for the library, the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library is working with Barnes & Noble Eugene to host a Bookfair at the bookstore, located at 1163 Valley River Drive.

On Saturday, March 22, 2008 beginning at 11:00 AM, Barnes & Noble Booksellers will donate a percentage of every sale made with a special Bookfair voucher to the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library.  Vouchers are good through March 28, 2008!  Vouchers are available online at http://rrscvollib.org/ and for pick up at the library, 105 Oakley, just behind the Goodwill on River Road.

The Barnes & Noble Bookfair will help the River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library in several ways.  First, a percentage of Bookfair sales will go towards funding the library.  Second, the library created a ?Wish List? of titles to enhance its own collection.  Library supporters may choose books from an in-store ?Wish List? display to purchase for the library.

The River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library?s events will be held at Barnes & Noble Eugene on Saturday, March 22, 2008.  The events include:

Activities with library volunteers.
A storytime and booksigning with local author Kevin Kurtz for his non-fiction picturebook, A Day in the Salt Marsh.
Meet, mingle and have pictures taken with ?Chewbacca?, ?Darth Vader?, ?Princess Leia?, Imperial Stormtroopers, and more from the Cloud City Garrison of the 501st, the world?s premier Star Wars costuming group.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:14:03 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »
Bump  names added.. Thanks Paul, and Chris V.

Peace, Allan
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:55:01 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »
I want to thank those who have signed up for this event....Barnes and Noble is totally Jazzed and the Buzz is great.. with less than a week.. I am very excited.... Please let me know if all have printed out the directions, and time is set..
Allan Quick

Tags: