Linked Events

• Fundraiser for Fox Hollow Elem: March 06, 2010

Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 03.06.10: Fundraiser for Fox Hollow Elem School- Eug.  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 03.06.10: Fundraiser for Fox Hollow Elemenatary School- Eugene, Oregon.
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:09:22 AM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROSTER
Allan--TK
Karyn-Leia
Michael W.--Tuskin
Carlos--Sandy
David--Vader

I was wondering if some of your members would be able to attend a pancake breakfast fundraiser I have scheduled for my son's elementary school. The pancake breakfast is scheduled for Saturday, March 6th, 2010 from 8-10 a.m. at Applebee's Restaurant, 2300 W. 11th Ave. Eugene, Oregon. The school is Charlemagne at Fox Hollow French Immersion Elementary, and my son is in the third grade. The third grade class is trying to raise money for a 5th grade trip to Quebec and to help fund scholarships for the trip. Since it is all about Star Wars again, having some of your members present would be a huge draw, in addition to making a memorable experience for the kids.

I have talked with members of your organization at other events, and I know you like a donation to be made to charity for the appearance of garrison members. I am on the board of directors for Cascades Raptor Center, a local non profit organization dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of birds of prey. With over 60 non releasable birds of 33 native species-hawks, owls, eagles, and more-school groups, scout troops, hikers, birders and the general public come from all over Oregon and the Western US to see the wide variety of native raptors on display. Most of the school children in town repeatedly visit the Center, and a donation could be made to the education fund in the name of the garrison of you would like. For more information on the Center, please visit www.eRaptors.org.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:44:10 AM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline Femtrooper

This was a great event. I just wanted to share with you guys a pic of what one of the ladies from the school made for us. They were so cool i didnt want to eat them. But they were sure good. :wink: hehe   
Karyn

Offline Carlos

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The cookies did not last long in my house they where gone in a day :lol:
By your Command.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Ok how do you do that? Make cookies that have picture toppings and are edible?
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

Yep Tony.. the whole cookie was able to be edible.  Steph , who was the Event organizer made them for us as a Thank you.  She and her husband would like to help out the Garrison as spotters and etc..  The cookies could be a fun fundraiser.  I don't want to commit her.. :wink: Spotting would be a fun start.  :D
Allan Quick

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I got some good photos of my cookies before I ate them too.  Such an awesome bonus on that troop!

Yoda was delicious.   :lol:

I think my favorite were the CCG logo cookies though.  Mmm...  logo cookies... 

Offline Stephanie H.

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

I'm glad you all liked the cookies- I had fun making them! If I told you how I made them, I'd have to kill ya  8) The fundraiser was a great success! We cleared about $1,000 after paying Applebee's their cut. Between 20% to Cascades Raptor Center in CCG's name, (and tips,) they got $256.31, and for the Elementary School trip general fund, $786! The kids had a great time, and we got some people to have breakfast and make donations when they were driving by and saw the characters outside. The only bummer for me was being so busy I didn't get a chance to check out the costumes in detail. :angry: Scott and I look forward to helping out in the future for sure!
What's That Flashing!??

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

I'm glad you all liked the cookies- I had fun making them! If I told you how I made them, I'd have to kill ya  8) The fundraiser was a great success! We cleared about $1,000 after paying Applebee's their cut. Between 20% to Cascades Raptor Center in CCG's name, (and tips,) they got $256.31, and for the Elementary School trip general fund, $786! The kids had a great time, and we got some people to have breakfast and make donations when they were driving by and saw the characters outside. The only bummer for me was being so busy I didn't get a chance to check out the costumes in detail. :angry: Scott and I look forward to helping out in the future for sure!
AWWW, cmon Stephanie. Jut PM me with the recipe, itll save me hours on the internet, pretty please. Happy the event was such a sucess :D...........old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Carlos

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Thank you Stephanie for the cookies there where delicious :D

Carlos
By your Command.

Tags: