Author Topic: UFO Parade in McMinnville, OR: Saturday, May 17  (Read 4756 times)

Offline MissyThing

UFO Parade in McMinnville, OR: Saturday, May 17
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
EVENT:  UFO Parade in McMinnville, OR
PARADE DATE: Saturday, May 17, 2014
TIME:  The parade starts at 2pm, Be there by noon (at the latest) for a spot in the garage
MEETING LOCATION: Parking garage on 5th and Evans, top floor
This is a pretty easy, quick, and fun parade.

Spotters:
Madighon
Halzgen
Cob
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:13:14 PM by MissyThing »
Jedi Missy

Offline Madighon

Re: UFO Parade in McMinnville, OR: Saturday, May 17
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:28:33 PM »
Hello,
I am interested in joining the Mcminnville UFO troop as a spotter for the event.  I may also be able to get my brother-in-law (another new CCG recruite) to come along as well.  Quick question:  Where can we get official shirts to wear to the event?

Thanks,
Madighon
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
Hi Madighon; You just wear a plain black shirt with no logos and the nice imperial folks lend you an official spotter lanyard to wear with it.  Then you stalk TK's around and pick up the parts that fall off.  You do not get to keep the parts unfortunately. 

I have only spotted one event, so I mostly don't know what I'm talking about! :)

Parades might be different, but the event I spotted it was mostly watching the crowd and encouraging folks that were hesitant to come in and get their photo taken.  A lot of the costumes have limited hearing/visibility so you just try and keep everyone safe. 

I'm still checking with the boss-lady at home to see if I can come spot this one.  We may have play tickets but I'm anxious to get back out. :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:51:36 PM by Cob »

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »
Yes, what he said - we don't have any official spotter shirts, but we do have lanyards (Missy I have them to give back to you). A black shirt is good, preferably with something Star Wars on it.

Parades are more about making sure folks know that they're NOT supposed to be running up to take photos. We normally get a lot of people running up wanting to do them, and once you start that the parade comes to a halt so it's strongly discouraged. The UFO parade has pretty good security keeping an eye on that though. 

The other part, as said, is to keep any eye out for pieces falling off since we usually can't see and can't pick them up. :)

Offline Halzgen

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
Thanks to Madighon letting me know about this parade!  I will be a spotter for that event and I am really looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Black shirt and one with Star Wars logo, got it! :)
:)

Offline MissyThing

UFO Parade in McMinnville, OR: Saturday, May 17
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 05:24:41 AM »
Great! I'll put you guys down on the spotter list. Steve and Cob pretty much summed up what to do. It's pretty much making sure that the costumed peeps are safe and stay with all their pieces intact.

I sent you both a PM with more info.

Missy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:56:43 AM by MissyThing »
Jedi Missy

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
I'm in! Woohooo!

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
Thanks for letting me tag along and was great to meet an entirely different group of people than last time? :-)  Starting to notice some common themes like people are f$#!ing nuts for chewbacca and all scout troopers are total hooligans. ;D

Parades... parades are pretty rough.  I'm not sure I'm cut out to be an parade enforcer... I blocked off some lady's shot when she was trying to line her 3 kids up with Chewy in the middle of downtown and felt absolutely horrible about it.  I also had to witness some poor girl's descent to the dark side after chewy high-fived two kids in a row and then left her hanging.   It's not all fun and games in the Empire...

Here's the few pics that I got.
http://squid.org/images/sw/2014-05-17_13-29-27_IMG_3427.JPG
http://squid.org/images/sw/2014-05-17_14-03-42_IMG_3425.JPG
http://squid.org/images/sw/2014-05-17_14-23-08_IMG_3426.JPG

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »
Thanks for letting me tag along and was great to meet an entirely different group of people than last time? :-)  Starting to notice some common themes like people are f$#!ing nuts for chewbacca and all scout troopers are total hooligans. ;D

Yeah, everybody loves the walking carpet....  and don't get me started about biker scouts...   :evil:
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Tags: