Author Topic: Salvaton Army Bell Ringing  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Salvaton Army Bell Ringing
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:04:37 AM »
]

Well, it’s that time of year again troopies.  I have been asked by Major Trimmer of the Salvation Army to post this thread requesting volunteers to work the kettles at both Newberg and McMinnville locations.  At the moment, there are four locations open in Newberg (Fred Meyer grocery and variety entrances, Bi-Mart, and Safeway) and I’m not sure about the McMinnville locations.  As of right now, the times are looking like 10:AM-3:PM and 3:PM to 9:PM.

If you are ready, willing, and able to awe the store-goers with your armor masterpieces, then give Major Trimmer a call at 503-472-1009.  I’ll find out the exact details of where is open and when and post it.  If you have any questions, ask and I shall answer to the best of my ability.

If someone would be willing to sponsor this as a trooping event, I will give you the details for posting it in the Cloud City Event Announcements thread.

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Salvaton Army Bell Ringing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »
Volund -

Thanks VERY much for your willingness to get out there and organize appearances.  It's great to see the enthusiasm!

We currently have plans in place to be bell ringers again this year in downtown PDX on Dec. 15th.  The opportunity to collect donations is quite large at this location, and this year we're shooting for the $1k mark as a goal (last year was between $8- and $900).

Todd (tbbaker69) has point on the Macy's SA appearance, but may have neglected to post a public event announcement in the appropriate location.  It happens :roll:

Of course, that doesn't mean that the Newberg and Mcminville areas can't be addressed by any members that want to troop that area - especially if it's on a different day.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:57:17 AM »
I am afraid that non-members cannot make or prepare events for us.  You are welcome to pass on the information to a member who can plan the event.  There have been some recent issues that have made it so that only members can maintain and manage events for our groups.

If you wish for this to be an event, feel free to gather all the info and pass it on to a member to coordinate the event.

Thanks Volund.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »
 :wink:   Good point...  I think there should be a post to new folks who join the forum on rules...
Thanks Volund for your interest and I hope someone maybe be able to help ..
Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »
Actually, I'm the coordinator for the Newberg area.  Major Trimmer and I were speaking of what we had seen over the years and he brought up a couple of pictures he had of Darth Vader and a couple of Stormtroopers ringing.  I laughed and told him about the 501st and the pics I had seen of the CCG.  He asked if I would bring up something to y'all because we are always looking for volunteers.  I was unaware of the set location that you troop in when I posted this.  We are still looking for volunteers in both the Newberg and McMinnville area.  Even if I had been aware of the traditional location, I still would have brought this up.

Oh, the dates are between today and the 23rd, with none on Sundays.  Let me know if you are interested or just get together and give Major Trimmer a call.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »
 :wink:   :) cool... Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 09:42:43 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks Volund!  (I really hope this hasn't turned you off to us!)
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Tags: