Author Topic: Hello from SW Washington!  (Read 70 times)

Offline NoeriFlyingstar

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from SW Washington!
« on: April 22, 2024, 07:52:13 PM »
Hi all! My name is Beth FitzGibbon, and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Cloud City Garrison having admired the work of the 501st for a long time after first seeing a troop at Star Wars Weekends back in 2009.  I never thought I would have the courage to apply, but after flying on the Galactic Starcruiser last summer, my desire to feed my Star Wars obsession exploded. 

I've been cosplaying for many years, and while I've made some random costumes, I always return to Star Wars for my source of inspiration. my first (and I hope not last) approved costume is a Narkina 5 Inmate, but I'm already dreaming of what I want to do next (leaning towards Seventh Sister, albeit a very short one!)

I do have a Saja suit I've been working on since last summer, and am hoping to eventually submit to the RL for approval.

In my real world life, I'm retired from a career doing a lot of things related to gaming and entertainment in the tech industry , and now spend time taking care of my husband, who still works full-time, our three dogs and making a lot of things for my etsy shop (pretty much all Galactic Starcruiser related stuff).

I can't wait to have a chance to meet you all in person, and I'll be back in Kelso starting May 11th after a two week trip down to Disney World. I'll be in Black Spire Outpost for May the 4th and happy to pick up anything from there and smuggle it back.  Thank you to Luke and Michael for the warm welcome and hopefully see y'all soon!
Beth
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 07:57:40 PM by NoeriFlyingstar »

Offline CadBane3

Re: Hello from SW Washington!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 09:01:36 PM »
Great to see you here, trooper! Looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing what other costumes to eventually make. It's truly an addiction, so you've found the right place!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 10:35:40 PM »
Hi Beth, looking forward to trooping with you.
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 01:00:57 PM »
Welcome Beth, glad to have you here! I'm jealous of your Starcruiser trip and the soon-to-be trip back to WDW! If you could please bring back the entire Galaxy's Edge, that would be great!  :lol:
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline ccand8

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 08:08:02 PM »
Welcome Beth,

It's nice to have another member of Star Wars Oregon up here in Cowlitz County. I am in Longview. Looking forward to trooping with you.

Tags: