Author Topic: New Kid on the Block, Looking to Get a Head Start!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline TurboCam92

New Kid on the Block, Looking to Get a Head Start!
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:04 PM »
hello all!   :D  i just graduated from TuHS and am looking to join the 501st. my friends and i used to march in the starlight parade and we were ALWAYS staged RIGHT in front the CCG. we made a pact to join and i'm one of 2 who are actually starting to follow through on that pact  :roll:  i've got my eyes set on Commander Keller, a galactic marine commander from one of the dark horse comics and i could really use some help getting started. any tips, hints, or ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated   :)

here is a wookiepedia link to Commander Keller:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Keller

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New Kid on the Block, Looking to Get a Head Start!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
hello all!   :D  i just graduated from TuHS and am looking to join the 501st. my friends and i used to march in the starlight parade and we were ALWAYS staged RIGHT in front the CCG. we made a pact to join and i'm one of 2 who are actually starting to follow through on that pact  :roll:  i've got my eyes set on Commander Keller, a galactic marine commander from one of the dark horse comics and i could really use some help getting started. any tips, hints, or ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated   :)

Hi TurboCam,
Starting out you might enjoy participating at a book signing event being held at Powell's Bookstore in Beaverton on Nov 14th where I can train you as a Spotter (assist the costume talent in getting dressed, keeping an eye on them while they are in public). We appreciate the help, and gives people such as your self a "behind-the-scenes" look, talking to members about costuming and get pointers too. Typically following the event we go out with the book author for food and conversation as a group and you'd be welcome to come along.
 Here's a link for the event:
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=5500.0;topicseen

Looking forward to your participation in CCG!!

Phil / Ancient Fan
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »
wow! thanks a lot Ancient Fan! :D sadly, the link you posted sent me to a page that said it was either off limits to me or taken down, so i still know nothing about it. :( but that sounds like a great way to get started!

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »
SF Authorfest
Powell's books in Beaverton on Cedar Hills
with a dinner afterwards for those interested

Authors:Timothy Zahn, Steve Perry and Kristine Kathryn Rusch

Offline TurboCam92

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
coolio! 8) i just applied for a job, so depending on whether or not i get it and/or if i have that day off i'll probably be there!

Tags: