Author Topic: CCG poster I whipped up for fun  (Read 2525 times)

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
CCG poster I whipped up for fun
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
Hi, everyone:

Andrew, here.  I'm *just* a supporter (though perhaps a TB someday) and have had the pleasure of working with or meeting many of you during my time at Barnes & Noble Eugene...and perhaps I'll get to see you again soon at Barnes & Noble Eugene for the River Road - Santa Clara Volunteer Library fundraiser (for which I'm a Board member) on July 10.

Anyway, I'm posting as a result of a recent call for recruitment/event promotion posters.  I had some free time and whipped up a little poster (designed to be printed at 18"x24") for CCG and thought I'd share it with you for some feedback.

It's actually more of a template, though I think that it stands well as is as a wall poster - the idea is that the large blank space can accommodate recruitment text, event promotion text, or even add'l photos of CCG members.  The rows of Stormtroopers are actually two CCG members that I pulled out of a photo from the website photoshoot, who I then cloned in Photoshop.

Like I said, I just did this for fun, so do you have any feedback for me?  Any add'l ideas you want me to try?

Thanks!
Andrew

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: CCG poster I whipped up for fun
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »
Wow Andrew that looks pretty sharp.
If you throw a Website URL, www.cloudcitygarrison.com, on there
somewhere we'd probably use that,if you wouldn't mind, for PR
Material.

Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:23:06 AM »
Thanks - I'm glad that you like it.  I added the website and slightly altered the Imperial crest to have a brushed metal look to it (see attached).

If you want to use it, by all means - I'd be honored.  The version here is a very low resolution file, but I can get you a high resolution .jpg, .tiff, or .pdf.  You can add any add'l copy/photos, or I can do it for you if you provide me with said copy/photos.

-Andrew

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mosi

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
I dig it! Is there any way you can use screen used TKs? Maybe the added CGI shot of all the Stormy's in the hangar when Han chases them down the hall. Just an idea... or maybe find a shot of someone in the garrison with a more accurate lid, like Allan, David, Michelle, etc...

Actually, what about something like this that could take up a large portion of the poster? This is a great pic of Allan, Michelle, and Steve.

Or maybe a good pic of one of our Vaders with a TK on the left and right.
pew pew

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »
Sure!  I'll try a couple of different versions - I had wanted to use a Vader/TK photo, but wasn't sure which CCG gallery had the best photos (and I didn't have enough time to search through them all).

Which gallery is the TK trio w/background (that you just posted) from?  I like using the high resolution images and can grab them from the gallery.

From a design standpoint, I'd like to keep any major photos out of the center of the template itself because it's valuable poster real estate for information (text, etc.) and, frankly, I'd hate to cover up a photo of you folks with text.  That said, this template is designed to accommodate photos specific for event PR and recruitment, so once I'm given a photo/logo/text I'll work it in *over* the Imperial crest and the white space above.

Thanks for the input, and I look forward to trying those ideas out once I get the photos!

-Andrew

Offline Mosi

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:53:56 AM »
The trio is from the FCBD on the 1st.
pew pew

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Why does that pic remind me of "Charlie's Angels?"
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Capt Needle

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
That picture was my idea and it was inspired by Charlie's.
BTW....
Where are the pics from the UFO parade??!!!!

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »
Where are the pics from the UFO parade??!!!!

On my facebook page :P
Paul

Tags: