Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 2642 times)

Offline T-Rev

Hi all!
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
Well, I'm yet another newbie here!  And I'm pretty excited to have found the CCG!

I'm relatively new to Portland.  We moved out here in '07 from NC, but I'm originally from the UK.
So I've been lurking around looking at 501st Legion stuff for quite some time now.  Naturally I've been a huge fan since I saw ESB back when it came out when I was 6 I think!  I guess I've been waiting to be a stormtrooper for about 30 years!  Now thanks to the internet and a job that allows me tons of "hobby" time, I think I'm ready for my first step into a larger world!!

I've been researching armour for a good few months now.  The amount of information and detail is overwhelming.  I have decided on AP though.  I'm a little worried about my skills as far as construction goes, but I have lots of time and am willing to give it a try.  I'm only 5'6''-5'7'' ish so I wanted to go for something that might fit a smaller frame, while at the same time being accurate.  I already own (for display) an eFX helmet and a MRCE helmet which I may modify.  My next step though is to find good reputable sources of AP armour.  I'd appreciate a PM if anyone has some good info to get me going in the right direction!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to offer some insights, help or info!  I'm sure I'll need it.
Trevor

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
Well welcome from the Kashyyyk Base Rebel Legion Rackey01. Im sure you will be getting a TON of info real soon from our troopers......old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Aysel

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
Welcome!

you might want to PM the GML Daverian for any specific questions. and since it's coming up on summer someone will be throwing an armor party, just keep your eyes pealed for those threads when they pop up.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »
The GML is Nick2

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
have you visited the detachment boards yet? Oh and welcome to CCG.

Offline T-Rev

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  I'm getting some great info.

I have been to www.whitearmor.net.  Some people there have given me some very useful help and information too!  I look forward to getting going on my armor or armour if you're from the other side of the pond.
Trevor

Online Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay.  This is a Great group of folks, and look forward to your involvment. take off your shoes and have fun.  I love being a Stormtrooper in this Garrison. I have ROTJ TK made by TE, and it is a wonderful suit.

Peace,
Allan.. Exec Officer, CCG
Allan Quick

Tags: