Author Topic: New Clone Trooper to the cloud city!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline munkey777

• Mando Mercs
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New Clone Trooper to the cloud city!
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:54:26 AM »
Hello just moved here 3 months ago from Phoenix and just got my hands on a set of clone trooper armor Phase 1 and extremely excited!! The only issue is well directions on how to assemble the armor!!!! I have the basic idea but other than that im lost i dont want to start tearing into it since it is not ABS its Fiberglass so dont really want to mess it up!! im going for Commander Fox on this puppy so any tutorial or diagram on how it pieces together and also where to get some of the soft parts like the kama and boots and utility belt! thank you again and cant wait to submit to join this proud faction!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: New Clone Trooper to the cloud city!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
Welcome to Oregon and CCG!  First thing you'll want to do is sign up over at the Clonetrooper Detachment. [clonetroopers.net]  Introduce yourself over there and search through the build threads.  Also, post some pictures here and at the detachment.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!
TK/TD-76216

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
I really don't want to sound like a Debby Downer, but fiberglass armor will be pretty tough to pull off and wear with the weight and how much our armor gets banged up. It may be a different story if it's just for display, but I'd hate to see you go through all of the work only to turn around and look for a replacement in ABS or HIPS. Clone armor is also one of the toughest builds out there due to the seamless design. Food for thought.

pew pew

Offline munkey777

• Mando Mercs
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »
Totally understand about the difference between ABS and Fiberglass i have worn both types for various armors and i actually like the weight of fiberglass alittle more than ABS it feels more sturdy and as far as repairs fiberglass does have an advantage.

Offline NavySith

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »
Welcome
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Tags: