Author Topic: Tie Pilot Build (TBA)  (Read 559 times)

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Tie Pilot Build (TBA)
« on: October 30, 2022, 11:30:23 PM »
Haven't finished my second build and starting a 3rd. Just couldn't miss RS Prop Masters Black Friday Sale a 2nd year in a row. I admire their attention to screen used detail. That imperfect perfection and wanted to have at least one of their products in my collection. The Scout Trooper has always been at the top of my list, but all the soft goods is pretty pricy. The Tie Pilot is high on my list, hard parts cost less than the Scout and the soft good are more common.  I just ordered the helmet and chest piece and will slowly collect the rest.

FYI I'm not loaded with funds to buy luxury items like this all the time. I do have a camera and collectible habit. I'm going to be selling some stuff that I no longer use or keep on display to pay for this.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Tie Pilot Build (TBA)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 09:30:11 AM »
RS sent me some emails asking if wanted a variant paint job or order need accessories. No room in my 2022 budget for soft goods. I decided to go with the unpainted background version. As I'd be obsessed over each hand painted stroke of silver paint.

In other good news this armor is 100% paid for. That is if the used camera shop honors the quote they gear me for my gear. Should have sold it 2 years ago as the value drop since then.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »
I've been selling stuff on eBay and made enough to start looking a Jackboots. Now I could spend a pretty penny for new ones by Imperial Boots. Hessen prices are good, but I think might want the accurate types with top strap. After a search I found a used pair that look very accurate in a size that I could fit in. Looks a little worn but no visible damage. Equal to Hessen prices when shipping is included. Made them an offer as they do look more on the worn side than the new side and the boots have been listed for over a year. Site is giving them 24 hours to accept. My gut tells me they will, or it is an abandoned account.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 10:54:16 PM »
Those boots were a bust. Did find another pair of boots from Germany.  Too small for the Seller in the US who bought them. Should fit me (fingers crossed). Paid a fair price. Cheaper accurate options either too small or look like they're infested. These look clean in newish condition.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 10:55:24 PM »
Boots arrived. Half a size too big. Might qualify for level 3. They're from Germany and might be old military surplus.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 02:54:37 PM »
Update my Officer's hat came with the wrong code disk. Decided to order it a few other items from Wampa Wear like pilot gloves and code cylinders. Flight suits are still out of stock. I did order a black hat from them that gives me another costume option.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »
Won't start a new topic for it but while browsing the bay. Saw an Anovos grey flight suit in my size at very good price or best offer. Decided why not make an offer and it was accepted.

The Grey flight suited characters are among my least favorites. I'm going to have all the other needed items and final price was very-very good. I could flip it or give to any friend who is curious setting them on to the path of the dark side or keep it or maybe dye the fabric black for the Tie build if I screw that up it would be a total waste of money.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 09:42:12 AM »
Code Cylinders and Gloves arrive from WW. Gloves fit is good. However, the leather feels very thin in forearm flair section. I could see it cracking and peeling with time.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 09:39:38 PM »
Possible update.

Last Week on RS's YouTube said they're about a month away from finishing the Black Friday orders.

This week's show featured footage of them building the Tie's chest box.

Guess this means mine is being worked on too.

Still need to get black flight suit. Waiting for Wampa Wear to restock them. If RS sends a shipping notice before WW re-stocks I'll order from Mon Cal or IB instead.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023, 03:12:18 PM »
Last update I read from WW on Flight Suits eta was mid March and Jan before that. During this time Mon Cal ran out of stock. With the armor eta a month I thought I should just place an order with IB. While I was there I decided to upgrade my cheapo Amazon Stormtrooper boots too.

Shipping from HK is outrageous. $45 for the flight suit and $45 for the boots? I thought shipping was going to be combined or something. According to their sizing charts I'm an XXL. I wear a XL at everywhere else.  Crossing my fingers this was the right size.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 10:11:47 AM »
Just got an email with a tracking number from RS Prop Masters.  My Tie has shipped. Should be here before the Flight Suit gets made.

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 12:15:12 AM »
Arrived 2 days early.

(Low quality image)

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2023, 08:06:53 AM »
No official message from Imperial boots but I did get a text from DHL that a package from China will arrive on Tuesday. Only thing I have on order from China is with Imperial boots...

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023, 10:36:56 AM »
It all here.

I was worried the XXL flight suit would be too big as I find XL clothes in my own wardrobe to be a little roomy. IB's flight suit fits pretty good. Added the iron-on patches that were provided and ordered a set of backup patches from WW as I expect the patches to come apart with time. Will be taking pictures later this week for approval.

Along with my order was a TK boot upgrade. Nicely made boot. Much better than the Amazon special. I can tell IB isn't using the finest quality materials for everything but the quality of the build is there. Everything seems very well made. This was my first order and I would shop with them again. I just wish shipping cost was better. A third of my cost was on shipping.

Tags: