Author Topic: This is my Shadow Guard WIP  (Read 2534 times)

Offline shanern

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
This is my Shadow Guard WIP
« on: January 01, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
So I have started my first Star Wars costume. I have been working on a Shadow Guard helmet and I am about to start hardening it and then doing the fine tuning on shape. So i figured I should start documenting my progress.
Thanks for taking a look.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: This is my Shadow Guard WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
New year, new costume! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Offline shanern

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »
So I am wondering has anyone done a pepakura type helmet? I am at the resin stage and really don't want to mess it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline shanern

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »
Ok I have hit a road block. Stripes (the costume guy on forcepike) has pointed out the my helmet will most likely not make the cut. So I am going to take a few more steps to see if it can, with some modification. But in the event that I have to scape my current endeavor anyone got any leads on an imperial/shadow guard helmet.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline shanern

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
Shadow Guard has been mothballed at this time. Apparently my helmet is wrong and the only way to get one is to buy one and modify it. Since i have other irons in the fire, plans to do a Wookie and build an astromech, I would rather divert my funds to more positive directions. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Offline stevo502

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:24:42 AM »
Bummer :( No way to modify the existing one to work?

Offline Madighon

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
Sorry about the helmet news.  I read your Thread on the ForcePike forums.  I completely agree with you.  Scratch building is an art, where as anyone can buy a costume.  I appreciate anyone who attempts to create their own work as opposed to buying it.  Don't get too discouraged.  Looks like you have some other fun creations you are working on.  I would continue your Shadow Guard build and just keep an eye out for either an alternate helmet or until you or someone else discovers how to modify the pep helmets so they are approvable. 

Madighon
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Tags: