Author Topic: Stomper (TK/TD4063) the "old timer" just sayin' howdy!  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Stomper (TK/TD4063) the "old timer" just sayin' howdy!
« on: August 06, 2015, 01:37:55 AM »
Hey Troops,

It's been a few years since I've logged on to the forums.  Looks like a lot of new faces around here since I was a part of the founding of CCG from it being a squad of Garrison Titan! I was the first CCG Public Relations Officer, and coordinated the first four Starlight Parade events that CCG did... you have maintained that tradition well! I've been ENTIRELY out of the scene for (dang, at least) 5yrs now (joined in '05). The career (and family) has taken up the vast majority of my time and energy since then, but I still have all my armor kits, buckets, E-11's and such.  Perhaps someday I'll get back into it, who knows.

Anyway, here's a shout out to any of my "old" trooping homies from past troops who are still active and of course to the current guard of troops carrying the banner!  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:55:16 AM by Stomper »
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline MetalJedi

Re: Stomper (TK/TD4063) the "old timer" just sayin' howdy!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »
Hi Stomper,

Thank you for logging in to say hello! We are always happy to hear from our veteran members. If you ever decide to return to active status, you will be more than welcome.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:33:04 PM »
TONY. Man it has been years. glad you stopped in to say hello.  Those were fun times when I trooped with you and the Veterans when it was new to me.  You have not been forgotten.  Cheers Tony.

Allan
Allan Quick

Offline ceric

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »
Tony! Great to hear from you. I have many great memories of trooping with you and I have lots of pictures of you. I also have you on film in the fan film I started making at the OMSI Star Wars Exhibition.
Many great thanks to you and fellow veterans of founding this wonderful garrison.
Thank you for coming to Estacada and helping me move all those years ago.
My son Lucas is 8yrs old and is starting the 3rd grade. Still going strong.
-Eric C
ANH Han Solo

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
Harry- thanks for the welcome!  Perhaps I'll help out with some spotter duty at a future trooping event if all the stars align just right for me.  I'm on call 24/7 and work an average of 50hrs a week with my "day job" these days, so there's not a whole lot left of me at the end of the day/week... LOL.

Allan- HEY DUDE!!  Glad to see you're still swingin' the CCG bat!  I always enjoyed your enthusiasm, energy, and passion for the whole gig, and kind hearts you and your wife have.  You always pulled off the best ANH Luke (short of Hamill himself, LOL)

Eric- Man, I remember that "move day".  I'm so glad to hear about Lucas, that is AWESOME!  I enjoyed trooping with you, too and IMHO you always pulled off the right Han Solo "attitude" in costume.  I also remember shooting those scenes at OMSI on the "sky bridge" and simulating that battle scene with all those people standing below watching as I was slamming myself into the glass walls up there... LOL! I'd like to see that footage sometime! 

CCG sure put on a good show during that troop, we worked in shifts to try and maintain a 501st presence during all times that the exhibit was open, it was like having a second job.  It was fun as heck walking around behind the locked glass doors before opening, everyone standing in line outside flipping out when they saw us... LOL! 

The ABSOLUTE pinnacle for this (OG)TD was letting this young (9 or 10) blind boy "see" my bucket, armor, and blaster with his hands and descibing everything as he felt the shapes and angles.  I made an exception and took my bucket off and let the kid hold it in his hands, his father was almost in tears seeing his son have that "once in a lifetime" experience.  Then on the last day of the exhibit, they let us pose up on the display with the actual land speeder used in ANH at the OMSI troop... what a PRIVELEDGE!  I don't think this has ever been done by other troopers since, either.

I'm the good looking one on the front right (white pauldron)... that's right, these ARE the droids we're looking for, PAL... everyone OUT of the speeder, NOW!  LOL!

I'm so glad ya'll are doing good!

Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »
Hi Tony!  Welcome back to the Forums!!  You should definitely come out to a troop just to say hi - bring the family....never know, might get the bug bite again to troop a couple of times a year =)
Macy

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:47 AM »
Tony, good to hear from you bro! It has been awhile but you and martin where the reason I chose to be a Sandtrooper. Hope all is well and it would be great one day to troop with you old friend:)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:30:47 PM by TD-8821 »
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »
Hey Rob!  Good to hear from ya, too!  With my work schedule I don't realistically see donning the armor for a troop happening anytime soon.  I'm working down in Salem right now (8pm) and may have to take an emergency call in Oregn City after that... Then back to my normal shift in the morning at 7:30am at Nike WHQ to tear down a bunch of their boilers for scheduled maintenance.... Uuugggh.

Yeah, I'm tired but "get it while you can"!
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Tags: