Author Topic: Attention all costumers - newbies and established, alike  (Read 1265 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Attention all costumers - newbies and established, alike
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
I get a lot of requests as to who are trusted vendors and who aren't. When I was GML, I asked Scott Will for an official rundown on the subject. The response I got was basically this:

It is the position of the 501st to not endorse, or blacklist, any vendor of goods and services due to the fact that by doing so gives the impression that Lucasfilm endorses, or blacklists certain vendors.

I, personally, have made recommendations over the past few years that I have been costuming, and I am more than willing to share my thoughts on the subject.

Another thing I have often done was refer folks over the Replica and Prop Forum to get some straight answers. Since this forum is all about vendors, and where to get the goods and services, I thought I would share some info to everyone here.

As I was perusing the Rebel Legion Forum (yeah, I do that...), there was a specific thread in the Rebel Rumblings section that caught my attention. Apparently, for some time folks haven't been able to register on the RPF to post, or whatnot. It has been announced that the Replica Prop Forum open registration signups are in effect 6-15 thru 6-30.

So to any newbies looking for where to go to get gear, or if they have a question about a certain vendor. If one of us doesn't know, these guys would be your best bet for an honest, straight answer.

http://www.therpf.com/

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Tags: