Linked Events

• Woman of Wonder Day. Portland: October 30, 2011

Author Topic: 10.30.11: Woman of Wonder Day. Excaliber Comics. Sunday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
This is an Official Event for our group was invited to support in our Star Wars Costumes.
From 2006-2010, the five WONDER WOMAN DAY events raised over $110,000 for Domestic Violence charity programs in Portland, Oregon and Flemington, NJ. The five-year combination of auctions of over 1,000 original art pieces, plus collectibles, autograph signings, and photo opportunities has meant a spectacular turnout… and multiple Mayoral Proclamations!

On Sunday, October 30, 2011, the new WOMEN OF WONDER DAY - again as a part of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month - will take place, returning to Excalibur Books in Portland, Oregon!

http://www.womenofwonderday.com/

There will be multiple Domestic Violence charity programs benefiting from the events, spearheaded by Bradley Angle. All donations will be tax deductible.

As with last year in Portland, we are inviting various cosplay groups to take part in this event, from Trekkers to Troopers to Jedis to Browncoats to Mercs to Real-Life Super-Heroes.

We are asking your group to commit to making an appearance during some -- or all -- of the event. If you would like to do some kind of fundraising element (photo-taking, try on a costume or other ideas), we welcome that, but would ask that all charity monies raised that day go to the Domestic Violence charities chosen, spearheaded by Bradley Angle.Thanks for reading, and I hope to have you participate as a part of this Wonderful day!

Best Wishes,
Andy Mangels
www.AndyMangels.com
www.WonderWomanMuseum.com
Member, International Association of Media Tie-In Writers www.iamtw.org
Advisory Board, Prism Comics www.prismcomics.org

What: Woman of Wonder
Time: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Where: Excalibur Comics, 2444 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon

Roster

Allan-- TK
Karyn--?
Tony B. --
Ron--TK
Kim-- Aayla
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:29:41 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 10.30.11: Woman of Wonder Day. Excaliber Comics. Sunday 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:14:35 PM »
I can make this one. Put me down
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Here is a Link to High Res Poster of Event. http://womenofwonderday.com/WoWDay2011/11OR_Poster_HiRes.jpg
Allan Quick

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Ron and I should be able to make this one, but we might have to leave early since we have a dog training class at 5:30 back here in Beaverton. Barring another disaster, I should be able to be Aayla this time ;)

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Ron and I should be able to make this one, but we might have to leave early since we have a dog training class at 5:30 back here in Beaverton. Barring another disaster, I should be able to be Aayla this time ;)
Good to know. Roster updated. Anymore folks coming?
Allan Quick

Offline David A

I can make it !!

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I can make it !!

Great David. We look forward to seeing you there. I will be there by 11:30 am.
Allan Quick

Tags: