Author Topic: 08.18.10 Weird Al Concert in Chehalis, WA (Wednesday)  (Read 23149 times)

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 08.18.10 Weird Al Concert in Chehalis, WA (Wednesday)
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »
I will be in contact with the tour manager next week once we have a better idea of who is able to attend and whether they'll approve whatever our roster looks like at the time.

I have been in contact with the tour manager since May. I recently contacted him to get approval for additional costume types, which they were willing to do.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:29:39 PM by TK-Tank »
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »
I've updated the event roster as follows. Are each of the CCG members who have rostered for this still available?

Roster
1. JoshEEE (GT TK/TB/photographer) *** Tentative ***
2. Zolotkey (CCG 501st Trooper)
3. My Only Fettish (CCG Gree or BH)
4. The Kreator (CCG Vader)
5. Oomar Galor (CCG spotter)
6. hosaycuervo (CCG TB)
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »
I have sent the following message to the concert tour manager to explain the current situation with how many troopers have rostered for each concert. If there are either not enough members who can attend or no matching pairs of costumes, I have let the tour manager know that it will be up to him to decide how to proceed.

Quote from: TK-Tank
Jay,

With the two Weird Al concerts in Washington state now just under 2 weeks away, it's unclear whether we will have enough troopers available to participate in both concerts.

For the concert in Lynden, WA on August 17, 2010, only 2 troopers have indicated that they can definitely attend. Two more have indicated that they might be able to attend. The two that can attend are a stormtrooper and a Boba Fett. (The individual doing Boba Fett is actually from the neighboring garrison just to the north in Canada.) The two who may be able to attend are another stormtrooper and someone who has both stormtrooper and bike scout costumes and could potentially wear either one.

For the concert in Chehalis, WA on August 18, 2010, only one member from Garrison Titan has indicated that he may be able to attend (a member with stormtrooper & bike scout costumes). However, I have also been in contact with Cloud City Garrison (in Oregon) and several of their members have indicated that they can attend the concert in Chehalis: a Darth Vader, a bike scout, a stormtrooper and a person with two costumes: a Commander Gree (clone trooper) and a Boba Fett.  Unfortunately, none of these costumes are in matching pairs, but the head-count is good.

There are three factors that are adversely affecting the ability of Garrison Titan members to attend either of these concerts:
1. With the exception of one brand new member who lives in Bellingham, WA, there are no members living near either venue.
2. Each concert is on a weeknight, which, together with the distance that members will have to travel to attend, doesn't work well with many members' work schedules.
3. While a number of members have expressed interest to me in attending one of the concerts, the weekend before the concerts is when the "Star Wars Celebration V" convention is occurring in Orlando, FL, and a lot of Garrison Titan members are traveling to Orlando to attend. While most will be back from the convention before the first concert in Lynden on the 17th, many are shipping their costumes separately, so their costumes won't be back before the concerts.

I have sent private messages to a number of members whose costumes meet the concert criteria to see if they can attend. If any more members indicate that they can attend either of the concerts within the next week, I will let you know. Otherwise, if we either don't have enough people to attend or don't have matching pairs of costumes, I will leave it up to you to decide how you would like to proceed.

With best regards,

Michael Hart
TK-8265
Garrison Titan Commanding Officer
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline Hoot

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

5. Oomar Galor (CCG spotter)

Baring anything last minute, at work, I am still available.

Update:

My Oomar screenname has been changed to Hoot.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:36:14 PM by Hoot »
-Matthew

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
Yeah, I'm still available.  I'll definitely be wearing my Gree though--Fett isn't even close to ready.  :/
Theresa
BH 2828

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
I've updated the event roster as follows. Are each of the CCG members who have rostered for this still available?

Roster
6. hosaycuervo (CCG TB)
I'm still planning on showing as well.  

I'll need to know sooner than later about what options there are for my wife.  Perhaps one of the guest tickets?

Thanks for explaining about GT availability, all very good reasons for a lower turnout.  Unfortunately Lewis County is outside the limit of where most of either garrison's members can get to on a week night.  Hopefully we'll be able to get two or three from each side and make it a great co-op event.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:51:25 PM by hosaycuervo »
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949
www.angelfire.com/empire2/hosaycuervo

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »
Hey everyone, I heard back from Jay, the tour manager and wanted to share what he wrote back to me:

Quote from: Jay
Michael - 

All we can ever ask is you do the best you can.  If it proves impossible for either or both dates, we will certainly understand.  Thanks for all your diligence.

Jay Levey

Just to let everyone in CCG know, I will probably be writing back to Jay tomorrow to cancel GT's participation in the Lynden, WA concert on the 17th. Today, one of the two troopers who was definitely rostered (from the Outer Rim Squad in B.C.) had to back out due to a medical emergency with a family member. That leaves me with only one definite and two tentatives, which is simply not enough. I contacted over 20 GT members to see if anyone would be available to do either concert, but no one can attend for exactly the reasons that I shared not only with CCG, but with Jay.

When I write to Jay, I will confirm whether the current roster for the Chehalis, WA concert will be acceptable and I will notify CCG as soon as I know his response.

On behalf of Garrison Titan, I want to personally thank all of the CCG members who want to appear at the Chehalis, WA concert on the 18th. If I can encourage anyone else from GT to go, I will let you know.
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »
Really hoping they allow for our smaller roster to participate, as I've already requested the days off from work to drive up and would be happy to attend even if just to watch the show with my brother.

Thanks!

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »
I have posted a very important update: JoshEEE from GT will be able to go to the Chehalis, WA concert on August 18th. I have updated the roster as such. The Lynden, WA concert appearance on August 17, 2010 will be canceled by GT.
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
I have posted a very important update: JoshEEE from GT will be able to go to the Chehalis, WA concert on August 18th. I have updated the roster as such.
Woohoo!  The more the merrier  :grin:
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »
This is a copy of my latest email to Jay, the tour manager:

Quote from: TK-Tank
Jay,

I have some good news, and I have some bad news. The good news is that I believe we have now enough troopers to do the show in Chehalis, WA on August 18. A total of 5 troopers have said that they can do the Chehalis show: 2 bike scouts, 1 stormtrooper, 1 clone trooper and 1 Vader. 

Unfortunately, a trooper withdrew from the Lynden, WA show on August 17, leaving us with only 1 definite trooper. Since I have been unable to find any other available members for that date, I will regrettably have to withdraw our support from that show.

With best regards,
Mike
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline TK-Tank

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK-8265
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:58 PM »
This is the response that I got from Jay:

Quote from: Jay
Not a problem, Mike.  Thanks for trying on Lynden and we look forward to seeing you in Chehalis!

Jay Levey

Chehalis is officially on!
TK-8265
Garrison Titan

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Yes!

Offline Hoot

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Good. 8) 8)
-Matthew

Offline hosaycuervo

• Cloud City Retired
    • Hosay Cuervo
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 10:26:48 PM »
How do we get in?  Do we pay at the general fairgrounds entrance, convince the security guards that our bins don't contain ten pounds of C-4, then tell the security folks at the stadium to let us backstage? 
Which brings up the next question: is the concert in the main (open air) stadium?  Or at another building?
-Hosay Cuervo  (Kirk)
Bottoms up - no chaser!
hosaycuervo@yahoo.com
TB 1949

Tags: