Author Topic: Mission Complete: Eugene - International Film Festival - Sept 8th  (Read 11500 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Mission Complete: Eugene - International Film Festival - Sept 8th
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »
LOLOLOL... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  very funny Kyle.. Her day will come....No spoon for her..
Allan Quick

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
Thank you, trooper Skahl - the ISB has now issued the following bounty:

Hey Kyle,
This one thinks you are tasty! BAM!!  :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23905174@N00/1352660461/

I printed this out because it is sooofunny..Plus I witnessed her ..WELL ERRRR DEE DEE DEE
Allan Quick

Offline Daverian

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 06:39:04 PM »
LOL!!! Oh yeah!!! now THAT is funny!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »
LOL!!! Oh man, good work! "Disintegrations Authorized!"
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 11:45:44 PM »
I love it, the listed offenses there are hilarious ;).
 i think that is something we could do as a fund raiser. People (kids) get their picture taken and printed off on a Imperial Wanted poster? I think they'd love it. Its nothing too expensive, so parents wouldn't be scared away by the cost to get one. its more a matter of having the facilities on hand. Or we get pictures, and addresses and mail it to them, but it'd be best to have it right there on site.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

JadesFire

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »
If we could have someone bring a good printer all you need is a digital camera and a laptop (I have a digital camera and I'm gonna be there for the EIFF event for sure) We should totally snoop around and see if that could be made to work... It'd look neat on a parchment-type paper to print out XD  And if we are just borroing equipment the only cost would be the paper and or ink if necesary. (I do have a printer I could bring just not sure if the quality would be good enough ya know?)
JF

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
I figure we'd just run the image through a photoshop filter and make it black and white. More of a rustic look.
Maybe have two choices for the style of wanted poster. either a cleaner 'new' look or the rough weathered 'old' look. Means we'd have to have two different templets to place the image into, and two different types of paper.

The biggest deal i see is having an available power source for the printer.
It'd be good to have a fast printer as well, the time to upload the picture size it, place it, run a filter should go fairly quickly, then print it out. Not sure the total time for that but we don't want people waiting too long.

What about a duel option of having the wanted poster with an image of just the person on it, or for like an additional charge ($1 or so)  they could get have their picture taken with one of the troopers and have that printed out on a Captured poster?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:05:47 PM by SpitFireScout »
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

JadesFire

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »
Well there is always the option of pooling money to get a Cannon mobile printer... someone was talking about that at work, but I havent done the research on that. However, if this was somthing we wanted to do I would be glad to run it for events that I can get too XD (Work's hard to get out of for events unless I know at least a month ahead of time)
JF

Offline Daverian

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 09:20:58 AM »
Those are good ideas for printers but it is much more difficult then it sounds when you are on the ground doing it.  I have two portable printers and I have used them at events.  They aren't very fast and I have had them overheat with so many pictures being put through them.  They are both stand alone unit that can be hooked to cameras, computers, and take multiple cards.  You could do the laptop thing, but I promise that it will take a lot of time and effort.  To mail stuff out takes time, costs money, and adds responsibility.  I won't talk someone out of it but I won't do it myself and I will hold people accountable for doing it.  When we have done small cons or events with these printers it can back up pretty quick. The best way to just print is to have two or three and people just managing the pics.

That is the other part of it; if you are doing that you are doing anything else.  You become dedicated to the printer and the camera.  Again, not discouraging, just saying that it takes a great deal of effort, time, money, and take a huge amount of recon and prior work.  Once you do some events you may have a better idea.  It would be nice to have people who are doing this sort of thing.  We have had a lack in participation with events and coordinating.  Most people just show and the event coordinators are an overworked few. 
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

JadesFire

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
I do understand that and I'm not sure I would want to be doing it alone simpy because of the amount of work involved but if we had a few people willing to work for it we can always take shifts... but of course even that depends on people showing up and dedicating the time... I think this could be a great thing to do but we would definitely need the commitment from several people!

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »
Definitely have a person in charge of photos, another in charge of printing, and another to do the business end of it and collect the $$$.
The caution there about printers being slow and over heating does concern me a bit. Needs some research.

There is also the idea of pre-printing "frames" of the wanted posters, that we set a picture into (kinda like the log ride pictures at Disney Land). Means we still need to print off a picture, but then the printer doesn't have to work as hard while at the event and if anyone has those Kodak picture printers, then people could get a higher quality color photo.
It also means we could get the frames printed off on slightly more sturdy card stock before hand. However this means more upfront costs, and having to try and determine what will sell, and how much, before hand, so we aren't left in the hole. It would drive the price up a little as well. 

I see several categories for this

1- Simple wanted poster with picture photo-shopped into it and printed off as one unit on site.  -lowest price
2- A captured poster with picture of trooper and person, shopped into the poster and printed off as one unit on site. -cost more jsut because we put the trooper in there.
3- Pre-printed frames of the wanted and captured posters, with a space to set a standard 4 by 7 color photo into the frame. Photo is printed on site. -most expensive, due to up-front costs, more pricey materials, but it is higher quality.

With every option we add to the list the more complex the process gets, more room for error. For starters it might be best to jsut go with option 1 and maybe 2 as well (since that jsut means having two different posters and a trooper stands in the picture).
I really like this idea and i think it could take off. But as FireStorm said, it will take a lot of time and effort, even if its simple. Just the fact of technology being a hassle will be a big hurdle.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 04:06:54 PM »
Or you could wait and troop an event and know the chaos that is...trust me when I say it is hard to pull people away and dedicate them to something else when trooping is happening.  I would say that the best thing is anything pre-printed and allow for as little wait and down time as possible with the lowest to no cost option.  You will get tired of flipping bills and doing all the work.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »
Another cool thing about pre-printing the wanted poster part is that if anyone has a poloroid camera, we could use that and totally skip the printing process. Just snap, shake, place in poster and tada! (shoulda thought of that sooner :P)
Makes it super portable too so us spotters and "no-costume-yeters' could do it fairly easily. Just need do charge a round number of like $5 or whatever, keep lots of 1's on hand :P.
I did a sculpture show this summer and other things like that, ran a concessions stand as well, the whole money business is a pain and gets crazy like you said FireStorm. Keep the price in an even dollar amount helps ALOT, none of that $1.17 or $1.25 business, bleh. 

Do you think we could get a printing company to give us a price break since we'd be donating all earnings to charity? I doubt Kinkos would do that, but maybe some other business. 
The Poloroid idea also really cuts down the number of people that are need to get it to run smoothly. You could do it with 2 people easily and only 1 person if needed. (1 person for pictures, the other for handeling money)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:46:45 PM by SpitFireScout »

Tags: