Author Topic: Sherwood Neighborhood Block Party August 11th, 6:00 pm  (Read 22035 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Sherwood Neighborhood Block Party August 11th, 6:00 pm
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »
 :D  What a Fun Troop... being my FIRST in TK.. All you guys made it so cool..  Much respect..I was suprised I did not sweat, but was cool....The fans in my Helmet worked great  (Thanks Martin for everything with help with TK).   I had no fog on my lenses.    Thank you to Phil for helping to Spot and direct me.  Thanks Meri  You really made me feel at ease. I was not overun by Kids ..LOL    I was so jazzed about being in my TK..  Some little boy thought I was han Solo in my Hemet.. LOLOL.. I told Him I was Luke Skywalker to rescue the Princess.. lOLOL...But he insisted...  you just have to say... "Move along ..Move along"   .  Thank you so much to everyone.....Peace, Allan :D :D :D :D :wink: :D
Allan Quick

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 09:03:24 AM »
Yes that was much fun, thanks to everyone as well. There were some fantastic pics. Special thanks to Paul for letting me try out his TK outfit.
There are more pics (yes some of the jedi skum) although there is no gallery yet. So here's just a few.

Allan And Dave

My Favorite Pic--Bill, Myself, and Nick1

Nick and Clone Kyle (I think thats his name)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:04:58 AM by Cooter Davis »
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Daverian

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »

.......N'uff said... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
 :wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes......The continuing Adventures of the 48 Hours of Bill........Thanks Bill...Your awesome ..
Allan Quick

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »

.......N'uff said... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's right, baby. I have Struck Back....... ok, that was bad. But, hey, I got a chuckle out of it....

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
:wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes......The continuing Adventures of the 48 Hours of Bill........Thanks Bill...Your awesome ..

No, Allen, you're awesome.

Ok, if you insist.... yes, I am awesome!

This was a really fun event. I especially found it funny at watching about a half a dozen screaming kids chasing Nick2 down and him having to use his sister as a shield to protect him from the mob. It kind of reminded me of the Empire getting their tails whipped by those cute little fuzzy teddy bears....... wait, I am a member of said Empire who got their tails whipped by said cute little fuzzy teddy bears. Oh, man!!!!!

On a more serious note, it is always a pleasure to troop with and hang out with all of you fine folks. Dinner afterward was, as always, an enjoyable treat. Thanks for the fellowship everyone!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
This is from Tiffany, the person who coordinated with us for the block party:

Hi Martin,

Just wanted to let you know we raised $351.00 for Doernbecher last night.  Thank you so much for organizing this VERY fun and memorable evening for the kids.  They are all talking about it today and I am sure for many many days ahead.   I took a walk this afternoon and I saw a lot of the same kids that came last night, playing lightsabers in their front yards.  The parents tell me they too are still talking about it.  The parents had a great time as well..the ones who stayed for the movie and of course the ones who got a little break and had a night out without their kids.   

I have to tell you, your group is fantastic and should be very proud of what you are doing.  It is very neat that you all take time out of your busy lives to do what you do and to do it for such a great charity.    Kudos to you and the group.   I just can't say enough great things about  you guys.

If you have anything you could e-mail me regarding the event at the end of the month at the World Trade Center (times etc.).  I would be happy to forward it on to others via e-mail.   As you saw from last night, I am sure your event will be BIG success.

I will go ahead and drop off the raised money next week to Doernbecher.

Thank you again!!!!!  It was great working with you.

Tiffany
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »
Wow... that is awesome!!!!

- Corran Horn

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
You know after reading the letter from Tiffany, something occured to me.

I got to spend a few hours, dressed up as one of the characters from one of the greatest films of all time, sign autographs for kids (wait a sec I am just some nobody schmoe), be the topic of conversation for some kids for years to come, and just generally have a good time. Now with doing all this somehow we managed to raise money for bunch of sick kids in the hosipital. Hot damn, honestly, what could be better than THAT?  Freaking COOL!!! Sign me up! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »
I got to spend a few hours, dressed up as one of the characters from one of the greatest films of all time, sign autographs for kids (wait a sec I am just some nobody schmoe), be the topic of conversation for some kids for years to come, and just generally have a good time. Now with doing all this somehow we managed to raise money for bunch of sick kids in the hosipital. ....... honestly, what could be better than THAT?  Freaking COOL!!! 

...........and that's EXACTLY why we do this!!!  8) 8)

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 03:24:04 PM »
Uh oh, Cooter's got the "fever"......  :lol:

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
He's one of us now.... :twisted:

:wink: Yeah,it's for reasons like this that I joined the fighting 501st 8)
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Daverian

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
He's one of us now.... :twisted:

:wink: Yeah,it's for reasons like this that I joined the fighting 501st 8)

fighting?.........................oh you mean the Sherwood neighborhood kids!!!.....LOL :lol:

Offline Daverian

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:15 AM »
Is the gallery going to be up soon?

Tags: