Author Topic: Hello everyone: Joel Schmeltzer  (Read 3015 times)

Offline MtnScramble

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello everyone: Joel Schmeltzer
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »
Hello all.

Right now I am simply wanting to spot as I do not have a suit at this point. My plan is to rectify that.

I work at Banfield Central Team Support in NE Portland soon to be moving to Vancouver.

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Hello everyone: Joel Schmeltzer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
Welcome!

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »
Joel, you made it!! I'm glad you are here. This is a great start to get to know every one and what we do. Looking forward to the Winterhawks troop. I have a feeling that this is the start to an awesome hobby for you brother!!

BTW, I work with Joel. :)
-Brian
TK-17472

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:16:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum Joel!

you have any specific costume/s in mind?  Sometimes choosing is the hardest part :)

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:51 PM »
Welcome to the Forums!
Macy

Offline Yesac

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
Welcome!

Posted with Tapatalk

I am a Jedi like my father before me.

Offline MtnScramble

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
I do not have a costume in mind yet. Brian has some ideas. I will need to find one that I can fit into. If the T-shirt sizes for the Star Wars shirts are similar to the fit of the costumes, I might need to be a Death Star.

After being Emmet (The Lego Movie) at Halloween, I discovered it is much easier for me to be in character and in front of people when they do not know who I am. It seems that a version of storm trooper will be a good start.

Plus I need something that can hide my beard :)
--- Joel

Offline MtnScramble

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 11:12:24 PM »
Hello again everyone. I would like some advice. I do not have a strong leading for one costume over another. I need to figure out a combination of what can fit me and what the area needs.

I know that there are at least one forthcoming Vader and Kylo Ren in the area, I realize that it is smart to at least start with a character that can be duplicated at events to make sure I can participate at all events that I make it to.

I am right at six feet tall, and around 250 lbs. I have lost 100 lbs two years ago and have stayed fairly steady here. I ride a recumbent tricycle a lot and have the thunder thighs and calves to show for that. I can get into 36 jeans but 38 are better right now. My shoulders are around 52 around...

After hearing that the TK kits are one size and fitting happens during assembly, I am concerned if I will be able to properly fit a kit and fulfill approval requirements.

I am also about to purchase a motorcycle and think it would be amusing to show up on that as  biker scout (get an DOT helmet painted to mimic the biker scout one)...

As mentioned earlier, I would like to stick with a helmet based character to use a balaclava mask to conceal my beard that I do not want to shave off...

Please let me know if you think I can or can not properly fit a TK (likely ANH - Hero) on myself or if I should really go another direction.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and your input on this dilema.
--- Mtn
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:23:21 PM by MtnScramble »

Offline Sinanju20

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
Hi Joel!

I am glad you made it to the forums! I have enjoyed having you as a spotter!  As far as a TK goes, every persons body type is a little different but if you want to go off of your height and weight of 6 foot and 250lbs, that is exactly what I am, and I fit into my TK from anovos just fine. Now I did have to shim the thighs, and if I want EIB or Centurion I will have to shim the Chest/AB area. However I was approved at the basic level no problem! Like everyone says just go slow and do one step at a time, and it will all work out! Look forward to seeing more updates in the near future!

TK-10149

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »
Some of the Rebel Legion costumes (i.e. pilot, Jedi, trooper, etc.) are fine to have a visible beard with. Just sayin'. :P
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »
Hi and welcome!  If the TK or Biker Scout are appealing to you, then you can make either one of those work!  Tusken Raiders are cool too.  They're popular with guests and they get to carry a nice weapon.  (I'm pretty short, but that one seems like it would be fun!)  You'll find lots of help here whichever one appeals to you the most.  I'll repeat the advice I was given here when I was first deciding on my costume, and that was to choose the one that you want to be. 

Ask lots of questions here about the one(s) you're considering.  Good luck!

Lori
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Tags: