Author Topic: Rose City Comic Con - Saturday/Sunday, September 20-21  (Read 8442 times)

Offline carpe mindiem

Rose City Comic Con - Saturday/Sunday, September 20-21
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:27 PM »
Veteran spotters! We can use your help at RCCC next month. Interested? Read on!

There's lots of info here. Please take a few minutes to read it all before you respond.

We will use this thread to identify who is volunteering for specific shifts. If you want to get into the con on a discounted (details TBD) pass to the convention, we need you to commit to working specific shifts at specific times. If you are buying your own pass, you can help out with any shift without a minimum commitment. Please specify in your reply whether you are purchasing your own pass or not.

We will be raising funds for Make-A-Wish Oregon again this year. We will have both normal photo booth times and Blast-A-Trooper (BAT) times scheduled each day, along with all of the usual support positions.

SPOTTERS AND OTHER NON-LEGION MEMBERS:
Help out by signing up for 2 hours in a non-costumed support position (including photography, line control, BAT helpers, and info table*) EACH DAY to get a pass for that day. Priority/preference will be given to folks who have previously worked with us as spotters.

*With approval from the COs only

At this time, sign ups are limited to that minimum obligation. In other words, we're not going to let one person sign up for 4 hours as photographer on Saturday. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to sign up for a shift that works for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR SHIFTS
1. Take a look at the schedule sheet. Note that there are separate tabs for Saturday and Sunday schedules.
2. Review the Role Descriptions tab to ensure you're familiar with the expectations and duties of each position you want to help with.
3. Decide which shifts you want. AVAILABLE SHIFTS ARE INDICATED BY CLEAR, BLUE BOXES.
4. Reply here with the following information. Please cut and paste and fill in as appropriate. Include this information for each different shift you want to help with.

DAY:
TIME:
ROLE:
HAVE OWN PASS?

Notes:
- Do not tell us that you can work any shift or to simply fill you in somewhere. Pick specific shifts.
- You cannot edit the spreadsheet. Please reply here if you need to make any changes.
- Gray boxes will only be opened after we have filled all blue boxes for that day or if other circumstances require it. There is no guarantee that gray spots will ever be open.
- You must sign up for blue box shifts to get discounted admission.

PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKETS NOW
Based on sign-ups right now and the number of free passes we're getting, each of us will need to pay $10 per person per day that you are volunteering the minimum amount of time. This deal is limited to folks who have signed up for shifts to help us staff our booth--if you've responded to this thread and you're on the schedule for a particular day, then you're eligible for this discount that day.

We have several options for payment, listed below in order of preference.
1. Amazon Payments to mindiem@comcast.net
2. PayPal to sjsquire@comcast.net
3. Snail mail a check to me - PM me for address if you need it
4. Credit/Debit card - onsite with me - will include an extra charge to cover fees **Please let me know if this is how you're planning to pay!

We don't want to deal with cash. If you can only pay with cash, please coordinate with someone else and have them use one of the payment forms listed above to submit your payment for you.

Please get your payment to us before the convention. We will have to purchase additional tickets onsite and need to have your money in advance so that can happen.

If you have any questions, just let us know by replying here!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:57:50 PM by carpe mindiem »

Offline PDXTimbers

• Cloud City Retired
  • aka BrianD TK/DS-42121
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Rose City Comic Con - Saturday/Sunday, September 20-21
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Hi:

I am interested, if possible, on a discounted pass for Saturday to check things out.  I could buy my own, too, if we are short of passes (not sure how many we get or how any of this works...I'm a newbie!)

I've spotted at Seaside and just got my TK-42121 cert today so I'm still quite new at everything and just want to be helpful on Saturday.  I can help with setup if needed before 10am, just let me know.  I need to figure out lunch and walk around a little, but otherwise will likely sign up for more spotting stuff in afternoon (tables, photographer if needed, BAT line control, etc.,) depending on the schedule fills up in the next 2 weeks)

Otherwise, here is what I can do:

DAY: Saturday
TIME: Before 10 (do you need more Setup help? if so, when/where)
ROLE: Setup

TIME: 10-11
ROLE: Photo line control 1

TIME: 11-12
ROLE: Photo Backdrop 5 (TK)

TIME: 12-1
ROLE: Table 2

-brian
Looking for Droids.  R2 and BB units mostly.
Brian D; PDXTimbers

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
Thanks, Brian. I don't think we'll need any additional setup help, but we'll let you know if that changes.

Offline Phoenixs Fury

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »
Hello, just here to sign up to spot for my first Rose City.

TIME: 1pm-2pm & 2pm-3pm
ROLE: Photo Line Control 2
HAVE OWN PASS? Not at the moment.

DAY: Sunday
TIME: 1pm-2pm & 2pm-3pm
ROLE: Photo Line Control 2
HAVE OWN PASS? Not at the moment.

Offline Darth Mel

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
I would like to help out!  Please sign me up as follows:

DAY:  Saturday 09/20
TIME:  05:00 - 06:00 pm
ROLE:  Photo Line Control 2
HAVE OWN PASS?  Yes

Thanks,
Mel

Offline AirborneTrooper

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
I am in.
TIME: 2-3
ROLE: line control 2
HAVE OWN PASS? Not yet

TIME: 5-6
ROLE: line control 2
HAVE OWN PASS? not yet

See you then, Mike

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »
Thanks guys! For you guys who don't have passes yet, I need to know whether or not you're buying them yourselves or if you want in on our deal; I can't tell from your responses. If you do want in on our deal, here's the payment info (also added to the OP):

PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR DISCOUNTED TICKETS NOW
Based on sign-ups right now and the number of free passes we're getting, each of us will need to pay $10 per person per day that you are volunteering the minimum amount of time. This deal is limited to folks who have signed up for shifts to help us staff our booth--if you've responded to this thread and you're on the schedule for a particular day, then you're eligible for this discount that day.

We have several options for payment, listed below in order of preference.
1. Amazon Payments to mindiem@comcast.net
2. PayPal to sjsquire@comcast.net
3. Snail mail a check to me - PM me for address if you need it
4. Credit/Debit card - onsite with me - will include an extra charge to cover fees **Please let me know if this is how you're planning to pay!

We don't want to deal with cash. If you can only pay with cash, please coordinate with someone else and have them use one of the payment forms listed above to submit your payment for you.

Please get your payment to us before the convention. We will have to purchase additional tickets onsite and need to have your money in advance so that can happen.

Offline Phoenixs Fury

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »
I would be interested in getting in on the deal, if it is possible. And if so could I get a two day pass?
Also I was wondering if there is anyone I could talk to about acquiring Star Wars Oregon business cards to hand out to people who show interest?

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »
Patrick, we got you added to the schedule when you signed up last week. We just need your payment if you want in on the discounted pass. I wasn't sure whether you were getting one on your own or not.

Everyone: Remember that we need your payments ahead of time! See the OP or my other post above for details on how to pay. It's $10 if you're helping us on one day or $20 if you're helping us for both days.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
Passes are purchased. At this point, we would love any additional help anyone wants to offer, but we can't add anyone new to our ticket discount deal, so if you don't already have a pass, you'll be on your own for getting one.

Who's excited for this weekend?  :dancechewie:

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
Better late than never right?

Day: Saturday
Time: 1pm-2pm
Role: Photo Line Control 2

Time: 3pm-4pm
Role: BAT Line Control 1
(Will show up to noon BAT to job shadow)

Time: 4pm-5pm
Role: Photo Backdrop Costume 4 (IS)

Will pick up my own pass for Saturday.

Offline EraAntha

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
Hey Brian. As a new member to CCG I want in.

Time: 4-5pm
Position: photo backdrop costume 4 (jawa)
Pass: yes I already have one

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
Thank you both! I've added you to the schedule. :) See you Saturday!

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
Looking forward to eradicating  ..  er.. meeting the Jawa Saturday!  :evil:
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline PDXTimbers

• Cloud City Retired
  • aka BrianD TK/DS-42121
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
Looking forward to eradicating  ..  er.. meeting the Jawa Saturday!  :evil:

Jawas I can handle.  Ewoks on the other hand...
Looking for Droids.  R2 and BB units mostly.
Brian D; PDXTimbers

Tags: