Author Topic: That time of year again...Halloween!  (Read 8960 times)

Offline Jabbasdead

Re: That time of year again...Halloween!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 08:46:46 AM »
Nice, man your armor is just to clean  :lol:.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Little Boba!!!!  That is Fantastic!!!

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
After wearing two different Bat suits on Friday afternoon and evening, I decided to go with the TK on Saturday for Halloween.  We walked the neighborhood and everyone was coming out of their houses to get a look and take pics.  I didn't go up to any doors, but even parents inside handing out candy would see me and come out to the street or call me up to the house.

One situation was pretty great -- A lady saw me and said her husband is a huge Star Wars fan but just had surgery and can't leave his chair, so she asked if I would come in and talk to him and take some pics.  He was so amazed and said I made his day.  That was awesome.  I told them about the Legion and our charity work, and passed along the Garrison web address.

There was a kid dressed as Michael Jackson following us around all night and he kept saying I wasn't a real Stormtrooper.  No matter what I said, he wasnt buying it.  But after he saw all the reactions from adults and hearing me talk to them about our charity work, he finally looked at me and finally realized I was a real Stormtrooper.  He got so excited, he ran home and got a camera to take pics.

What a great weekend.  I love Halloween.  :)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 07:17:38 AM »
I went to the local watering hole in my Mando. Won first prize in the costume contest - $200 gift certificate. It was pretty cool... even if they did call me a Jedi!  :roll:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »
awesome guys. Way cool Kreator, I know the feeling, it's really awesome to make poeples days like that. Congrats Bill on the bucks!
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »
It was only a gift certificate. No real cash, unfortunately. I wish I had the cash, though. I could use it.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »
Where is the gift certificate to?  Sometimes you can find people who would be interested in buying it from you.  I think there's even a gift card exchange web site for that, or even Craigslist.  Usually you don't get a full 1:1 trade value, but sometimes it's worth it to have a little less cash you can use anywhere, than a little more for a place you don't need or want to spend it at.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »
It was for the bar/restaurant that I was at. The logged my name, so I am the only one who can use it. Not a big deal. I wasn't even expecting to win a costume contest. As a result, I have $200 worth of food and drink afforded to me to use whenever I want. Not such a bad deal for parading around in my Mando gear.

Who says this hobby doesn't pay?

- Corran Horn

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »
My boyfriend and I got all Star Wars'd up at a Spokane Chiefs game and won their costume contest, too. Our prize wasn't nearly as awesome, but we did get a bunch of team gear and stuff.  :mrgreen:

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 07:18:30 PM »
It was for the bar/restaurant that I was at. The logged my name, so I am the only one who can use it. Not a big deal. I wasn't even expecting to win a costume contest. As a result, I have $200 worth of food and drink afforded to me to use whenever I want. Not such a bad deal for parading around in my Mando gear.

Who says this hobby doesn't pay?

$200 bucks worth of food cause you don't drink Bill is a SWEET prize!  Nice bro congratz!!!

Offline The Kreator

• 501st Legion Member
  • TK/SL-8992
    • TK-8992
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »
Finally got some of the best pics from my Halloween Bat photo shoot resized for posting.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad a few of the shots turned out as nice as they did.  I think I'm going to do some larger prints at Costco and frame for my "Bat Cave" room.  :)

Offline Carlos

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »
Nice picture Dave! :D
By your Command.

Tags: