Author Topic: Ebay king strikes again.....  (Read 8494 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Ebay king strikes again.....
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 12:36:20 AM »
To answer the question, yes. It looks fine to me. It doesn't look like crap to me, it has an appeal to it that I find cool. I do like the weathered look, I do like that it is abs. If I didn't think it was worth a lick I wouldn't have bid on it. Yes, I did think I was getting a good deal for what was being offered: a clone helmet (what I wanted. check) that is weathered (also what I wanted. check) and was already paint-schemed to the 442nd Seige Battalion (again, what I wanted. check).

Lie to me? Of course not. But do you have to slap me in the face?

Talented people here in my garrison? Yes, I know this. I have asked for assistance in the past on certain projects. The willingness to actually, physically help hasn't been too forthcoming. There is always an excuse (I understand when life gets in the way. I get that! I respect that families and personal lives do come first. I have never had an issue with that) as to why I can't be helped, or it has been excitement over the completion of the project. Excitement doesn't help me achieve my goal of completing the project. I'm no artist. What I require is something of artistic talent. The fact is I have asked. In one case I got a "sorry, dude, you're on your own".

Now, back to what Chris mentioned about ebay. Yes, I know that it is a buyer's beware market. Yes I have been hosed on some things in the past as Chris has pointed out, specifically a certain set of black tx armor. I should also point out that a-hole was a legion member from Carrida Garrison. The armor looked immaculate in the pictures that he provided, it was only upon receiving the armor that it's true colors were shown. Lesson learned and I don't deal with that guy again. But I have also picked up a lot of other good things over the years, specifically the black armor set that Dave Hamm has. My TIE ARMOR, ebay. All of my accessories, for the most part are ebay or other sources. Contrary to popular believe, ebay isn't the Great Satan that people make it out to be. And I am getting tired of getting beaten up over it.

You guys are entitled to whatever you believe. Yeah, it ruffled my feathers getting ganged up on. And now I am a bit pissed at people who are supposedly my friends. But, whatever. I think from here on out whatever I get off ebay, I will just keep it to myself. I still see the value in ebay, even if everyone here is dead-set against it. Again, personal preference. Not everything off ebay is automatically crap. Every bit of costuming that I own, for the exception of those pieces that I have hand-made or my mom put together for me has been from ebay. Professional grade? Yeah. Accurate? Yeah. Unless for some strange reason I haven't fit that mold for the past year and a half. If that is the case then what the hell am I still doing here?

Bravo people. All of your points have been duly noted. I'm going to take a break for awhile. I'll talk to you all later.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Ebay king strikes again.....
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 07:53:19 AM »
[topic locked]
Scot
TK5108 (retired)