Author Topic: Portland Comic Book Show - SPOTTERS NEEDED - MISSION Complete  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Portland Comic Book Show - SPOTTERS NEEDED - MISSION Complete
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:38:25 AM »
Thanks to all the spotters who participated in todays event! Cameron, Janet, and Vern as always a big help and very much appreciated. Thanks to our new recruits Josh, Annalise, Trev and Matt plus one more who's name escapes me (sorry, but that's why they call me "Ancient" fan  :wink:) plus others who pitched in to help whom I may not have mentioned. Looking forward to our next "gathering" - Stay tuned for announcements.

Thanks my Friends!
Phil

This once-a-year event is this coming SUNDAY November 13th!

We need spotters to come out and help all of our costumed friends.
Set-up begins at 8:00 am with first shift out on stage by 10am. Event goes until 4:30pm so if you can only come out for a little while or the whole she-bang your assistance will be very greatly appreciated - and I have it on good authority the emperor will be pleased  :roll:   :D :D :D

If you're not sure where the event is, please refer to the attached link:
http://www.portlandcomicbookshow.com/

Any questions, please drop me a pm - Thanks!

Phil
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:18:22 PM by Ancient Fan »
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: Portland Comic Book Show - SPOTTERS NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:12:51 AM »
I got three for you Uncle Phil.

http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=6589.0

Spotter Duty:

TurboCam - Cam
nasigosong - Josh
bigtrev503 - Trev

Spotter Duty:

TurboCam - Cam
nasigosong - Josh
bigtrev503 - Trev
meltdown - matt
Johnny's daughter -Annalise

We are at 5 spotters so we are golden!  Thanks you to those who volunteered!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:48:52 PM by Ilovesanddirt »

Offline nasigosong

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
FYI I will unfortunately only be available from around 2pm onward; I wish I could help from the start but, I have other duties scheduled earlier that day.
Once a base camp is known (at the venue) please let me know since I wont be there for morning orientation, and I will interrogate my way over to you guys.

...shouldn't be hard to miss a group of troopers/rebels walking around.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »
...shouldn't be hard to miss a group of troopers/rebels walking around.

Truer words have never been spoken. You CAN'T miss us!

Offline furiousstylz

• Cloud City Retired
  • The maple kind yeah.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:44:28 AM »
I'm checking with my daughter right now. She's 18, and wanted to get on the CCG board but got lost in the little spam shuffle we had to deal with. I'll have her register for the board again. She's not interested in a costume (yet), but does lots of volunteer work for the Humane Society and the like. She thought our brand of charity looked like fun too. Once I know her schedule I'll get her on the board official like, and we'll get her signed up as a spotter. So you might have 1 more...
JOHNNY SERVIN
  T  K  8  8  9  7

How do you make God laugh?
      Make a plan.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
I'm checking with my daughter right now. She's 18, and wanted to get on the CCG board but got lost in the little spam shuffle we had to deal with. I'll have her register for the board again. She's not interested in a costume (yet), but does lots of volunteer work for the Humane Society and the like. She thought our brand of charity looked like fun too. Once I know her schedule I'll get her on the board official like, and we'll get her signed up as a spotter. So you might have 1 more...

Woot!  Sounds great!

Offline annaese

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
Hi! This is Johnny's daughter! I definitely want to spot at this event. So, I'll just show up with my dad if that's cool!

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »
Hi! This is Johnny's daughter! I definitely want to spot at this event. So, I'll just show up with my dad if that's cool!

Sounds cool Johnny's daughter!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
We are at 5 spotters for this event!  I think we are golden.  As long as Phil agrees. Thank you to those who volunteered!  See you Sunday!

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
We are at 5 spotters for this event!  I think we are golden.  As long as Phil agrees. Thank you to those who volunteered!  See you Sunday!

I think that's fine Rob, plus you'll have Janet, myself and Vicki (Meri's working Tony's booth).
So we'll see my fellow spotters Sunday, and our good friends from CCG, KB, Mando Mercs, Endor Ewok Guild, Tatooine Tatoo Society, etc   :D
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »
....our good friends from CCG, KB, Mando Mercs, Endor Ewok Guild, Tatooine Tatoo Society, etc   :D

That made me spit out my 5 Hour Energy!  Hilarious!  Don't forget: Imperial Alumni, Sarlacc Over-eaters anonymous and Mon Mothma's Moth watching society.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: Portland Comic Book Show - SPOTTERS NEEDED - MISSION Complete
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
It was great seeing everyone and we had a great bunch of new spotters/future troopers!  Great, great day!  Very positive all around!  The Portland Comic Book Show is getting better!  Huzzah!

Tags: