Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE 04.23.24: READCON: A Celebration of Reading! - Vancouver  (Read 361 times)

Offline daryldoak

PHOTO UPLOADING LINK: https://starwarsoregon.smugmug.com/upload/dtZp3X/readconvan24

EVENT TYPE: 501/RL Formal
WHAT: READCON: A Celebration of Reading, Sci-fi Fantasy, LEGO, & Science!
WHERE: Thomas Jefferson Middle School 3000 NW 119th St, Vancouver, WA 98685

Make sure to note the change in venue if you have done this event in the past!

Paul (event host and KB member) has indicated his position is changing so this is likely the last READCON.  This has been an annual troop for 10+ years, let’s try to have a good turnout so we can give Paul a great last hurrah!

DATE: Tuesday, April 23rd
TIME: arrive: 5:00-5:30, event: 6 to 6:55 PM, then a Break, then 7:15 to 7:45 PM

CAUSE:
Thomas Jefferson MS PTSA, & Autism Empowerment
The Thomas Jefferson Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association is fundraising to get books and supplies for the classrooms and library, plus we are giving some of the fundraising to local organization Autism Empowerment that you can find out more about here: https://www.autismempowerment.org/

PARKING:
There is a parking lot in front of Thomas Jefferson MS, and another parking lot right next door in front of Felida Elementary.
CHANGING AND STORAGE:
We have 2 classrooms available nearby that can be your changing and storage spaces.
COSTUME REQUESTS: We will be more than happy to welcome anyone, whether Imperial or Rebels.
BLASTER POLICY: Blaster and lightsabers are fine.
MEMBERS' CHILDREN IN COSTUME: Yes, children in costume are welcome to attend
OTHER DETAILS:
READCON, which started in Evergreen and has now come to Vancouver, has featured the 501st before & been very successful fundraising for education & charity while promoting books, comics, sci-fi fantasy, technology, & science activities. We will have games, crafts, book sales, science & tech demos, authors, & hopefully fun photo ops with the 501st & Rebel Legion.

ANYTHING ELSE:
Paul Warner is now an official member of the Rebel Legion, just approved as a Jedi through Kashyyyk Base, & is happy to be the point of contact for this event, & he is so very thankful to his friends from a Galaxy Far, Far Away (aka Cloud City Garrison) who have always been able to organize a great visit to READCON. Thank you for being willing to support Education and Autism Empowerment in this way. I look forward to hearing from you.

FINAL ROSTER:
Daryl (daryldoak) - FOTK
Ryan (averagenobody) - Scout
Harry (MetalJedi)  - Scout
Luke (lidocaine) - Din Djarin
Daren (jango451). - Scout
Khim (disneyfreak) - TK
Julia (MamaDisney) - Jawa
Guy (ergamack) - Tie
Paul (JediGuybrarian) - Jedi
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:12:26 PM by daryldoak »
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline daryldoak

Adding myself as stormtrooper.  Great event, highly recommended!
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline AverageNobody

• Cloud City Member
    • TB-44271
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Put me down as a Scout!
This will be my first troop, so I'm glad I'll have a helmet to hide my constant "Deer in Headlights" expression.
TB-44271

Offline MetalJedi

Please sign me up as Mando Scout.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Lidocaine

Gotta support those librarians! Sign me up as Mando, please.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Jango451

This is always a fun troop!  Sign me up as a Death Trooper :-)
BH-44227

Offline daryldoak

Paul (event host) has indicated his position is changing so this is likely the last READCON.  This has been an annual troop for 10+ years, let’s try to have a good turnout so we can give Paul a great last hurrah!
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Disneyfreak

Jules and I are in as a Jawa and TK. We’ll have a smaller Jawa and possibly Rey as well.

Offline Ergamack

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Add me as a TIE

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline AverageNobody

• Cloud City Member
    • TB-44271
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
My partner was planning to accompany me, to help me suit up and to just be there for my first troop. But I guess I should confirm if that’s allowed or not, lol.

She’s not in the 501st (yet) but is willing to help out with whatever might be needed.
TB-44271

Offline daryldoak

My partner was planning to accompany me, to help me suit up and to just be there for my first troop. But I guess I should confirm if that’s allowed or not, lol.

She’s not in the 501st (yet) but is willing to help out with whatever might be needed.

Yes, that fine.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline JediGuybrarian

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • The Jedi Guybrarian Galaxy Library
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Sign me up as a Jedi. While hosting READCON I will also be fully decked out in my officially approved JEDI outfit, so I guess that means it is my first official troop!

Offline JediGuybrarian

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • The Jedi Guybrarian Galaxy Library
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards

I have a table in front of the photo op area where people can donate if they want to or take some info/activity sheets about the 501st/Rebel Legion, but I don't have a volunteer to be at the table with the donations.  If she's interested, maybe your partner can be that volunteer at the table--and if people need a photo taker she could help out too.  - Jedi Paul Guybrarian Warner.    :)

Offline daryldoak

I’ll be arriving at 5:00 to setup the photo backdrop.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline AverageNobody

• Cloud City Member
    • TB-44271
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I have a table in front of the photo op area where people can donate if they want to or take some info/activity sheets about the 501st/Rebel Legion, but I don't have a volunteer to be at the table with the donations.  If she's interested, maybe your partner can be that volunteer at the table--and if people need a photo taker she could help out too.  - Jedi Paul Guybrarian Warner.    :)
This sounds great. We’ll try to be there as close to 5 as possible.
TB-44271

Tags: