Author Topic: I need help.....Or How to decide?  (Read 8549 times)

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I need help.....Or How to decide?
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
When I first came to the message board I posted I wanted to be an Imperial Gunner. For the sole reason that there weren't many in the members area. I found out later there are several. Then I realized Vader must get all the love. Then I decided a Sandtrooper is just to frakin sexy to pass up. Then I saw Martins Airborne clone and I was like "what the hell? That is so me!" Then I saw Kyle's Clone, and I was like "Man I dig the helm, maybe I should do that?" Honestly everybody how do you decide? I think I should just do Slave Leia for pure animal magnatism and sex appeal.........
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: I need help.....Or How to decide?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:22 PM »
............ I think I should just do Slave Leia for pure animal magnatism and sex appeal.........

I'd buy the action figure................... 8) 8)

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:19:16 PM »
What I would do is peruse the 501st costuming database and determine what catches your eye the most.
http://www.501st.com/members/members.cfm

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:37:48 AM »
ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Daverian

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
Do Yoda

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:21:25 AM »
What I would do is peruse the 501st costuming database and determine what catches your eye the most.
http://www.501st.com/members/members.cfm

Yeah I think I am pretty well decided after that one,Thanks Kyle. Pretty well decided like 50/50. Well more like 30/70. Well maybe 10/10/10/10......Sigh.....

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I KNEW IT! DOH Gonna go buy us all a lottery ticket right now!

Do Yoda

Yoda is just to darn cool to do. If anybody actually did Yoda the planet would stop rotating for a moment and explode in a gasious mess or something......

"I saw the little runt sitting there on a log
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said yoda
Y o d a, yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo yoda"
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
I vote for Dengar!
Paul

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »
NO DENGAR!!!!   :evil:

And Cooter dude, no offense, but I don't think you've got the physique to pull off slave Leia. 

Depending on how many "credits" you've got, I'd do as many as possible.  Personally I think you'd make a great Imperial Officer.  (Please outrank Bill and shut his yapper!)  And Clone troopers are some of my favorite armor. 

Search your feelings, Cooter, and you shall find your answer.
 :mrgreen:

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
Dengar? Hmmmmm never thought about that. I dunno though. I would have to "ruin" a perfectly
good set of TK armor (with the metallic look paint job.) Then I have to find another TK lower leg
armor, the one with the sniper plate, and paint that as well. Then find a TS chest plate, and paint
it as well. Then its off to find a TS underarmor. After all that is said and done, I get to wrap a roll
of toilet paper around my head.  Hmmmmm while interesting I think I will pass.....

And Cooter dude, no offense, but I don't think you've got the physique to pull off slave Leia. 

Blah I have to disagree I AM BRING SEXY BACK!!

Personally I think you'd make a great Imperial Officer.  (Please outrank Bill and shut his yapper!) 

While I think Imperial Officer is a good idea, I actually want something with a helmet....
If I went Imperial Officer it would have to be a "Grand Moff" or nothing! LOL

And Clone troopers are some of my favorite armor. 

Yeah I am digging clone alot lately too.......

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 05:58:25 PM »
NO DENGAR!!!!   :evil:

Depending on how many "credits" you've got, I'd do as many as possible.  Personally I think you'd make a great Imperial Officer.  (Please outrank Bill and shut his yapper!)  And Clone troopers are some of my favorite armor. 

Search your feelings, Cooter, and you shall find your answer.
 :mrgreen:

Shut my yapper??? Thant's it.... I'm going to invest in acquiring me some Moff Governor's command pips. Outrank me, will you? I say, NEVER!!!!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »
Dengar? Hmmmmm never thought about that. I dunno though. I would have to "ruin" a perfectly
good set of TK armor (with the metallic look paint job.) Then I have to find another TK lower leg
armor, the one with the sniper plate, and paint that as well. Then find a TS chest plate, and paint
it as well. Then its off to find a TS underarmor. After all that is said and done, I get to wrap a roll
of toilet paper around my head.  Hmmmmm while interesting I think I will pass.....

Blah I have to disagree I AM BRING SEXY BACK!!

Personally I think you'd make a great Imperial Officer.  (Please outrank Bill and shut his yapper!) 

While I think Imperial Officer is a good idea, I actually want something with a helmet....
If I went Imperial Officer it would have to be a "Grand Moff" or nothing! LOL

And Clone troopers are some of my favorite armor. 

Yeah I am digging clone alot lately too.......

First of all... sexy never freaking left! Second, no Grand Moff for you..... Third, there is a whole wide world of clones to consider. I would recommend doing a clone that Cloud City doesn't have yet - but not the 44nd Seige Battalion, I am planning on doing that one! :-)

"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:34:22 PM »
First of all... sexy never freaking left! Second, no Grand Moff for you..... Third, there is a whole wide world of clones to consider. I would recommend doing a clone that Cloud City doesn't have yet - but not the 44nd Seige Battalion, I am planning on doing that one! :-)

Erk! That's not the way to represent a battalion! Your best bet would be to make a 501st, Utapau or Galactic Marine. Oh and did I mention I was favorable to Galactic Marines? Did I mention that kids who play Battlefront II will know who you are if you make a Galactic Marine costume? And did you know how bad-arsed the Galactic Marines are? And did you know that you can never have enough Galactic Marines when Commander Bacara is around? *hint*hint*  :twisted:

See?? Instant awesome!

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Daverian

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »
.....so, what are you saying?..... :lol:

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

Erk! That's not the way to represent a battalion! Your best bet would be to make a 501st, Utapau or Galactic Marine. Oh and did I mention I was favorable to Galactic Marines? Did I mention that kids who play Battlefront II will know who you are if you make a Galactic Marine costume? And did you know how bad-arsed the Galactic Marines are? And did you know that you can never have enough Galactic Marines when Commander Bacara is around? *hint*hint*  :twisted:

See?? Instant awesome!

-Kyle

Wow I cant argue with INSTANT AWESOME! The freakin Galactic Marine is certainly a route I am seriously going to consider now. The only thing about the Galactic Marine I am a little disappointed in is that they got maybe 10 seconds, or less, of film time. So now I have to have kids running up to me, as a Galactic Marine, and asking "who are you?"

All joking aside that picture, the one of the Galactic Marine, doesn't show their armor very well. Is it the same as typical clone armor or what?
I notice they dont have thigh armor, so that might be nice. They do however wear a purple (did I ever mention I like purple) dress! Its a Kilt Damn you!

Seriously anybody that has any info on the Galactic Marines please Pm me with Details. You know about Armor, Boots, Helms, ect ect. Now you'll have to excuse me but I gotta haunt the Clone Message board.

Kudos To Kyle: That picture is one heck of a conversation ender. If it doesn't require tons of artist work I am gonna go with this one.........
Help?!?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:31:55 PM by Cooter Davis »

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
......... I  have kids running up to me, as a Galactic Marine, and asking "who are you?"

Tony, you are absolutely correct and have hit upon the thoughts of many, that I have heard. There are a couple of angles one can take when hearing these words and may have a bearing on which outfit(s) to concentrate on.

The first and foremost I considered is that the majority of the public that will see you, more than likely have seen the movies. They haven't read any extended whatever novels like some of us (may) have. They instantly recognize a character who is easily identifyable by what they have seen..not us. So, by now, I'm sure you've noticed that most kids like vader, chewie, fetts, jawas, ewoks, white and dirty troopers. Easily recognizeable. They attach their memory to them due to seeing the movies. So, if club members feel badly about not being recognized, maybe it's time to reconsider 'who' you'd like to be?......

One the other side of the coin, some of the extended outfits are just as cool or cooler. Question is, cooler to whom? Us or the public? Granted, some of the older kids may get the clone stuff. And, it does color things up a bit.  But at trooping events, I hear parents all the time say to little Jimmy, "You want your picture taken with a storm trooper?" They know who they are.

So.........the right answer is to have one from the movies and one from wherever.  :wink:

BUT, if you'd rather be recognized when on a troop, wear an identifiable outfit. If you just wanna look cool/different, and wouldn't be saddened by not being recognized, by all means, go for another.

Yeah, the easily recognizable characters get the main attention. So, "choose wisely"......

(Disclaimer: These are my thoughts and are not in any way, shape or form to be taken so seriously as to be taken up in an argument or to make any member feel negatively.)

Thanks for your time,
Barry
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:59:04 PM by guyactor »

Tags: