Author Topic: Finally got the chance and opportunity, read as girlfriend approval, to pull the trigger on an ANOVO  (Read 20177 times)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Wow! Fast progress! Looking good!
Thanks.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
i wouldn't worry about the ear to much.. if you look at a lot of the ref pics there is gaps and imperfect ears. the back side looks fine.. maybe a little closing of the gap by the Tube Stripes but likely not a huge issue.

you are cranking through it! that's a lot of trimming in a day!!!
Thanks, I was more concerned about the front and I know it isn't too bad. Yeah been a crazy weekend for me. Now to move on towards the fitting and trimming and sanding.

Offline james.p.moser

Don’t worry about the ear. The gaps on one of mine are at least that much and I am an EIB level TK. Put your time and energy into the rest of that kit!

Jim - TK50899
Jim - TK50899

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Thanks Jim. It was a quick thing for me approval wise I know it's fine.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
So started fitting and hoping I didn't mess it up and got it right. It isn't real pretty but it fits and I'll moist likely be trimming the return edge down more. It has a little bite to it, but it hasn't been sanded or anything yet.

Offline daryldoak

I generally went with about 1/2 of the Anovos suggested return edge.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
I generally went with about 1/2 of the Anovos suggested return edge.
Thanks Daryl. So about 2 to 3 mm right? Just had replies over at FISD from Tony and Paul saying remove all the return edge from the wrist and inner elbow and leaving minimal on the outer elbow. So I figure the 2-3mm as that is about half of what is there.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
A little more done. Forearms, biceps and shoulder bells sized, trimmed and sanded, ready for gluing. I think anyways. Most of the back, kidney, butt are trimmed and sanded. Still have the legs to go. Also started the belt, but realized I have no mounting hardware for the holster so went went to ANOVOS and talked about that waiting to see what happens there.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The belt So far.

Offline daryldoak

The belt So far.

Looking good.

I’d recommend that you align the drop boxes with the edge of the plastic belt.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
The belt So far.

Looking good.

I’d recommend that you align the drop boxes with the edge of the plastic belt.
Oh I will be, still need to glue the straps. They're riveted but not fixed down yet.

Offline nukem25rs

id say just hit home depot for some chicago screws to mount your holster rather then waiting for Anovos.. i wanna say they are 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch.. once you get it mounted make sure you toss some super glue or thread lock inside the screw becuase they back off really easy.. i had my holster almost fall off one day when i was getting out of it.
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
id say just hit home depot for some chicago screws to mount your holster rather then waiting for Anovos.. i wanna say they are 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch.. once you get it mounted make sure you toss some super glue or thread lock inside the screw becuase they back off really easy.. i had my holster almost fall off one day when i was getting out of it.
Good to know and it is likely I will do the trip rather than wait on anovos. I also need to get some rivets for the ammo knee.

Offline nukem25rs

You will likely need to order the rivets from the fisd board.. I think cap rivets are hard to find at Alot of home improvement stores.. Maybe an ace would have them
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
You will likely need to order the rivets from the fisd board.. I think cap rivets are hard to find at Alot of home improvement stores.. Maybe an ace would have them
Yeah I have an Ace hardware nearby, but I've also got a leather shop/supply locally as well.

Tags: