Author Topic: Kylo Gets Demoted : W.T.F ANH Stunt Build  (Read 12149 times)

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
  • Walk softly and carry a big gun
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Kylo Gets Demoted : W.T.F ANH Stunt Build
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:34:46 PM »
The arrival of my boots and gloves today marks the beginning of my ANH Stunt Centurion build with Anovos armor.

I was on the fence about whether to go with TKBoots or Imperial Boots but this video( https://youtu.be/e84v98SstcI ) sold me on the quality of TKBoots over IB despite having to deal with funky shin issues. Having them in stock and ready to ship helped me decide too. I normally wear a 10/10.5 shoe and despite hearing mixed feedback about the fit of TKBoots, especially recently, I ordered a 10 C Width. Good news, they fit perfectly and are quite comfortable which is a great relief as my Kylo boots are awful but thats mainly due to the lifts in them.

http://imgur.com/a/5kkj7

For the gloves I went with the pair available from TrooperBay. They do have some gripy texture on the fingers which seems to conflict with the CRL, is that a big deal?

After spending half an hour in line at Joann's on Sunday morning(worst time to go by the way) I bought some pleather and athletic liner material along with some cotton cord piping to attempt making a neck seal. I intend to follow this method(http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/4467-howto-make-your-own-neckseal/) as I really like the clearly defined and rubbery ribs. Will report back when I get around to that next weekend.

For the under-suit I got Nike Pro Cool Compression gear from Amazon. Has some logos but they should all be covered by armor/neckseal.

As for armor and helmet I went with the TK Kit from Anovos minus the soft parts. Release is listed as Q1 2017 but before they changed their update page to a calendar it mentioned that some kits without soft pieces were shipping so who knows maybe I'll get lucky and get it before Rogue One but not going to hold my breath.

That's all for now. Looking forward to working with plastic instead of fabric(especially pleats!).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:40:13 PM by rlycrvns »
TK/DS-11731

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Kylo Gets Demoted
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »
 :dancechewie:

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:27:15 PM »
I love my TKboots. Yeah, they're bit wide at the top which can look a little weird when tucked under the shins....but then again, I didn't have any other options for a size 15.  :tongue:

I used TrooperBay's gloves as well. While I haven't had the time to submit for Centurion yet, they passed EIB just fine and nothing was said about them. I've seen Centurion applications pass with similar, if not the same gloves. I think they just want us to avoid having excessive texture on the whole glove.

If you tend to get really hot and sweaty while trooping, I HIGHLY recommend picking up a second pair of less accurate gloves. The rubber chemical gloves were super uncomfortable for me. I'm keeping them around for official pictures and my Centurion application, but I have another pair of breathable gloves that improved my comfort by a TON! (Plus, nobody can tell the difference outside of EIB and Centurion)
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
Congrats on getting started!

I have the trooperbay rubber gloves and rubber hand guards.  I'm still using them for trooping.

I love my IB boots.  No issues at all after 24 troops.  I'm not sure why TKB is making them so wide at the top.  Those would never fit inside my skinny shins.  I'd have to buy IB again when I need a new pair.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:54:55 PM »
Thanks for the input!

I do plan to get some alternate trooping gloves for sure and will be getting the latex hand guards as well. Does seem like a bit of an oversight to make the boots so wide at the top but I'll just have to make it work.

Forgot to mention I have an Aker amp that I purchased for Kylo but never ended up using. Will likely pony up for an iComm at some point but curious if anyone is using a good alternative. I have TKVoice on my phone but using a phone app with Kylo proved to be a giant hassle that didn't work half the time and I can't just mount it into my chest and leave it. Although I have found that when possible it is best to let Harry do the talking  :wink:

I will also eventually be in the market for an E11 and perhaps a DLT-19. Leaning towards Hyperfirm for those but I welcome any and all suggestions.

TK/DS-11731

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 10:31:07 PM »
I'm probably going to be selling my icomm.

I'm switching to the Trooper Talk app.  It's only for iPhone.  It's $9.99 and requires a $35 splitter cable.  The advantage is that TT has a ton of customizations to the voice effects which icomm doesn't have.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34939-troopertalk-voice-changer-w-static-burst-app-dev/?st=0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:35:38 PM by daryldoak »
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
I was just looking at that in the App Store. I got all the cables in order to run my voice through my phone for kylo so might give that a try before picking up an icomm. Let me know how it works for you Daryl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TK/DS-11731

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »
I will also eventually be in the market for an E11 and perhaps a DLT-19. Leaning towards Hyperfirm for those but I welcome any and all suggestions.

Oh yes, Hyperfirm for sure! A little pricey but totally worth it. They're nice and light.... and best of all, kid proof! I've dropped my DLT-19 a number of times and had a few kids drop it as well. Not even a scratch.  :grin:
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
Agree 100% on the Hyperfirm, lightweight and safe to drop (by kids or TKs).
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

I'm switching to the Trooper Talk app.  It's only for iPhone.  It's $9.99 and requires a $35 splitter cable.  The advantage is that TT has a ton of customizations to the voice effects which icomm doesn't have.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34939-troopertalk-voice-changer-w-static-burst-app-dev/?st=0

Oh wow after checking out the TrooperTalk thread I'm sold. Seems like it works really well in the development videos and is way cheaper than an icomm.
TK/DS-11731

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 04:14:20 PM »
Agree 100% on the Hyperfirm, lightweight and safe to drop (by kids or TKs).

Oh yes, Hyperfirm for sure! A little pricey but totally worth it. They're nice and light.... and best of all, kid proof! I've dropped my DLT-19 a number of times and had a few kids drop it as well. Not even a scratch.  :grin:

Hyperfirm it shall be!
TK/DS-11731

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 01:29:25 PM »

I got the app working with my aker and it seems pretty cool! The only problem is if the headphone jack on my phone gets bumped it interrupts the connection causing my phone to think I just plugged in headphones and starts playing music really loud. I got the wireless system he recommends and it works really well. Sold on this setup vs an icomm for sure. Thanks for the tip Daryl!
TK/DS-11731

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »
Welp, It looks like impatience has got the better of me. Just requested a refund for my Anovos kit and bought a spot in the current run of ANH Stunt kits from Walt's Trooper Factory. Should be shipping by early next week... Don't tell my girlfriend  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:31:33 PM by rlycrvns »
TK/DS-11731

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »
Welp, It looks like impatience has got the better of me. Just requested a refund for my Anovos kit and bought a spot in the current run of ANH Stunt kits from Walt's Trooper Factory. Should be shipping by early next week... Don't tell my girlfriend  :laugh:

Walt is a good dude, you'll get way better customer service
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline rlycrvns

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 07:09:30 PM »

Walt is a good dude, you'll get way better customer service

I can already agree wholeheartedly as he answered my fb message immediately. Much happier to support his work.
TK/DS-11731

Tags: