Author Topic: Let me be your Sabine  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Sabine Wregie

Let me be your Sabine
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
Howdy! Wait, this is Oregon, not the south...

Hi! For quite a while, I have been wanting to join the 501st or one of the sister groups. Now that I have finally found a character I not only love, but resemble, I'm ready to start the process to joining the Cloud City Garrison! However, I need a bit of help...

-Firstly, the armor. I have been told EVA foam is both affordable and forgiving to new cosplayers like myself. However, is EVA foam allowed?

-Secondly, I am planning on going for Sabine's attire from season 2. Is this acceptable?

-Lastly, IF EVA foam is not allowed, what do you recommend to a newbie like me?

Help me, Cloud City Garrison, you're my only hope. Also, forgive me for that awful joke. I'll exit now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 12:51:46 AM by Sabine Wregie »

Offline Lidocaine

Re: Let me be your Sabine
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:30:34 AM »
Hello and welcome!

My daughter loves Sabine so I've thought about doing a simple EVA foam build for her to wear sometimes. Looking briefly at the Rebel Legion costume requirement list, (CRL) I think EVA Foam would be  ok, there's a few mentions of minimum of 3mm thickness, but you should be able to do that with foam. Here's the link to the Sabine requirements. Not sure if they're updated to include season 2 of Rebels, but I think it's just her paint scheme and hair color that changed.

http://www.rebellegion.com/sabine-wren/

If you haven't already I'd check out the Rebel Legion forums and I think there's a few builds in progress that you can scope out for ideas, and to double check that what you're doing will get approved too!

If it's in the budget, I know of one company that's doing ABS armor that might be nice to have. I know for Fett builds, a lot of people prefer plastic over foam. Last I checked, armor kits were just under $200 or so. A bunch more if you get a helmet as well.

Good luck, it would be awesome to have  a Sabine with us!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:33:08 AM by Lidocaine »
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
welcome to the forum!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »
Welcome!

My daughter loves Sabine, so I am sure she would be happy to see her favorite character at some of our events.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Sabine Wregie

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »
Wow! You are all so friendly and helpful! Trust me, I will definitely be asking for help later down the road. So it's sounding like EVA foam is good as long as it's 3mm thick. And the season 2 attire should also pass as well, if I understood correctly. Alright, time to get to work!

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:14:56 AM »
Hello! Sabine is a Rebel Legion costume so that's where you'll probably find a lot of the information. I don't believe that the 501st accepts any of the hero characters in Star Wars Rebels. EVA would be fine to make the armor with, honestly it doesn't really matter what is used to make an item, what matters is how it looks when it's finished. Though like Lidocaine said, buying a kit can always be a good option, too, then you don't even have to bother with making it.

Season two Sabine should be acceptable without any problem, though you'll probably want to submit some reference pictures with your application to the Rebel Legion (when you finish your costume), it's just always a good idea when there aren't any standards written so that there isn't any confusion.

One other thing I thought should be mentioned... Even if you have a helmet you will still need to dye your hair to closely match Sabine's.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:16:57 AM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Sabine Wregie

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »
I'm working on getting a high quality wig because as much as I love her do, I don't think work would feel the same ¯\_(?)_/¯ And thanks for the advice!

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:26 PM »
Wigs are always good!

FYI, you might look around the Replica Prop Forum, I know that a member there was selling kits for Sabine's paint sprayer a little while ago. It was pretty awesome. He might still be selling them.
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: