Author Topic: INC Newbie  (Read 4174 times)

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
INC Newbie
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:21:36 AM »
Hey there! My name's Stephanie and I finally got myself to sign up on these forums. I'm 20 and currently live in Lake OSwego. I've been thinking about joining the 501st for a while now and summer's here so I can actually try to make that happen. I've costumed a bit before in the past and I'm currently working on an original twi'lek. Once that's all done, I want to try for some armor! I've been researching prices, methods for making my own and I'm just not sure which way I want to go. I've been told by friends that I need to be careful if I'm going to make my own because stormtrooper armor can look pretty weird on girls if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing. Any advice you guys have would be great.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!  :D

Offline TD-8821

Re: INC Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:55:52 AM »
Hello and welcome Stephanie!!you have come to the right place for help!!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Daverian

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:49:42 AM »
Karen Quick would be the one to ask about stormtrooper armor and any fitting issues. There are a lot of great websites for all of the intricacies that are Twi'lek too. I saw one recently on making the Lekku and it was actually pretty cool to see the finished product. I'll see if I can locate it again...

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »
Welcome Stephanie. Any questions you have, feel free to ask, we can help you. For specific questions like where to buy armor and like questions, it will be best to PM me. I will get you pointed in the right direction.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
welcome to the boards! :)
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline sigmarue

• Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »
I decided to go halfway on the lekku because I'm not sure just how amazing I am with that much latex. =/ I'm getting them raw and just have to clean them up, paint them and put on a headpiece. I'll post pictures as soon as I have something to show.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
Hi Stephanie. Welcome to CCG. My wife has Stormtrooper FX Armor, and then modded it to fit my Wife. She is 5 foot 6.  Glad you signed up, and looking forward on what your projects will be.  Enjoy...
Allan Quick

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
Hello and Welcome!

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
Welcome.  I look forward to trooping with you.

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
Hello Stephanie,

I would like to provide you with an offical CCG welcome from the Garrison Commander. I hope grow to be more invovled with CCG. CCG is a fun place to be when you get to know the people and finally settle in and meet them face to face. I would encourge you to meet up with us for the CCG Meeting we are having. You can go to the Public Announcements Board and check out the information there when it gets updated. :)

Again and welcome.
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Tags: