Author Topic: Hello Cloud City Troops!  (Read 2708 times)

Offline AirborneTrooper

Hello Cloud City Troops!
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
The name is Mike. I am just getting started on my research for a TK. I do have an initial question. I am looking into making a vacuum mold setup. My biggest concern is the creation of the forms to be molded. I think in this way I can make all the parts I need. But, the carving of clay for the forms looks to be pretty hard to get it right. Is there a way to obtain the forms some other way? I would eventually like to have TK, TD, and TB kits. But first things first. It seems from this forum, and others, that it will be a little while before I can troop in costume, but I would like to help with upcoming events. Do I need to be accepted into the 501 st before I can help spot or provide the Garrison with other help? Thanks can wait to help free the galaxy of rebel scum.

Offline MetalJedi

Re: Hello Cloud City Troops!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:31:36 AM »
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums!

Very few people sculpt and mold their own armor. Most people purchase a kit from an established vendor and assemble the armor. If you have not already checked it out, then you can sign up for the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

You do not need to have an approved costume to be a spotter. Please keep an eye on the spotter thread and sign up to help at an event. We can always use extra hands and eyes!

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:56:13 AM »
Hello and Welcome!
Macy

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
Hello Mike!

Definitely sign up for the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) at whitearmor.net .  Sculpting molds is an entirely different level from assembling already accepted molds that current vendors have. 

Don't hesitate to ask both here and on the FISD forums with any other questions!

Offline AirborneTrooper

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:38 PM »
Thanks everyone. Yes I am on the FISD and reading as much as I can. I will definitely keep an eye out for spotting opportunities.

Blacky no stars

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
Welcome

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 12:46:36 PM »
Hey Mike!  Thanks again for coming out and spotting in Tigard!  This ATA armor (no helmet) JUST went up for sale on FISD!  Check it out!!!  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28350-ata-armor-set-for-sale/
TK/TD-76216

Offline NavySith

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Tags: