Author Topic: Welcome and Access Information  (Read 35558 times)

Offline SWO Admin

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Welcome and Access Information
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
Revised and reposted 6/17/14

:dancechewie: Welcome to the Star Wars Oregon message boards!  :dancechewie:

If you're brand new here and interested in finding out more about this amazing hobby, please start by introducing yourself in a new topic. Let us know what we should call you, what city you call home, what costume you're interested in building, and anything else you'd like to share.

Existing Star Wars costumers have access to additional sections of this forum. If you are newly registered and you are an active, approved member of any of the following groups, please reply to this topic to let us know. We will adjust your permissions, notify you by private message, and then remove your post here to keep this topic clean and easy to monitor.
  • 501st Legion
  • Cloud City Garrison
  • Rebel Legion
  • Kashyyyk Base
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:38:38 PM by SWO Admin »

Offline DakronSlaxx

• Cloud City Member
  • I was ID-2132 in the Golden Gate Garrison
    • My flickr + Dakron
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Welcome and Access Information
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:57 PM »
Hello everyone, Johny here...aka Dakron, or just Dak.  Mostly Johny though (johneee.)   (Moved the post to the following post.)
Let's see, I was in the Golden Gate Garrison for a few years.

http://www.google.com/profiles/dakron
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:15:58 PM by DakronSlaxx »
Bucky or Johny
TI-2132
Dakron Slaxx USS Northern Lights, Starfleet Intl.
Dakron on The Dented Helmet
Dakron on The Rebel Legion
https://www.facebook.com/dakron
https://www.flickr.com/photos/84692667@N00/

Offline weslove

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »
Hi my name is Wes and I live in Springfield,Or and I have been a huge fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, I turn 40 this year,  and my youngest daughter was born on May 4th and she is also a big fan, I have  pre-ordered a Stormtrooper from Avonos, that I will not get until November, and I am just now getting into this.    Thanks
weslove

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Mandalorian
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:05:58 PM »
Hey, everyone!

I'm Sentinel, aka Micah of Worldbridge Creations, a Star Wars fan with big dreams, and the host of an upcoming costume workshop for Lincoln High School's Star Wars Alliance.

I'd like to talk with you guys about my very enthusiastic group of young fans, what our plans are for costuming, and how you can help us achieve our goal of making a realistic Star Wars LARP for teens and adults in the Portland Metro Area -- but I'll be talking about that in another part of this forum.

Thanks so much for letting me in!

Micah Read
Founder, Star Wars Alliance

Offline Catlord101

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 09:27:41 AM »
Hi all! My name is Joe, aka Catlord, but Joe is just fine. I have been a Star Wars fan my whole life. First movie I ever saw in theaters was RoTJ. Hooked ever since. I live in Albany, and an a middle school science teacher. I have an ANOVOS Shadow Trooper kit on order and am very excited to get involved!

Offline josephernst2

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 06:54:40 AM »
Hello everyone! Super excited to find an Oregon forum! My name is Mr. Joe, 36 yrs old and Astoria Or is where I rest my head. I have been a starwars fan since I watched episode IV as a kid, had all the toys (wish I kept them, doh). I am married with 4 kids (all girls). Last Saturday I took 2 of the girls to our first Comic-con. Holy cow, was it amazing I felt my inner geek wiggling and just trying to get out. I am new to making the costumes and will be dressing up next year for sure! I don't belong to any groups yet, and will be starting my costume build soon. My first build will be a Jedi with light battle armor, and I'll be building my first saber 100%, then ordering parts to build a second one. My youngest daughter is just now showing interest, asking all sorts of questions ( a lot) but I'm starting her out with the clone wars series on Netflix for now. She still gets a bit creeped out with intense music and some of the creepy "aliens" as she calls them.

Anyways, enough about me. Time to explore this forum!!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Offline Flitweep

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »
Hi! My name is Aja (Asia) and I'm here to help out a friend in the legion that needed some costume pieces. I am not sure how far into the process of joining your group is but I wanted to be able to help him out with his build and make sure it was up to snuff :) My husband and I are big fans and may also join events in the future, but for now I'm here to help.

Thanks!

Offline Rebelscumchic

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »
Hello!  My name is Rebelscumchic, aka Mande.  I am looking to join the 501st and have a costume in a box in pieces.  I'm looking for someone to help me build my stormtrooper costume. I have the helmet done.....almost (paint needed) but none of the rest of it completed.  I'm feeling overwhelmed and though it is a dream of mine to have my costume, I'm struggling with figuring out how to put it all together.  I've bought the velcro, suspender fabric, etc.   If you have any advice or can point me in a direction, I would appreciate it.  I made finishing my costume one of my "intentions" for 2017.

Thanks,

Mande :lol:

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »
Mande,
My best advice is checkout whitearmor.net for building your TK. There is a lot of builds and advice in the StormTrooper detachment(FISD) forum. There is a thread that someone made that lists all the tools and extras you will need to put it all together as well. I'm on that Forum as well as Nukem25rs. Once you read through some of the build threads it will get easier to put together, but i definitely know the feeling of getting started making those first cuts and sizing. you can also start a build thread here/there and post pictures and questions and you will be able to get some good advice!! good luck!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline ahernandez871

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Armando and I recently moved to West Linn with my wife. I am wanting to build a Coruscant Guard costume. However I need guidance on how to start making  one. I look forward to meeting the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Baris_Alrisul

• Rebel Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 04:57:46 PM »
Hi! My name is Caitlin, and I am a member of Alpha Base, with approved Depa Billaba and ceremonial Leia costumes. After having a great troop with members of Kashyyk Base at the Mariner's game last night, it was recommended to me that I join your forums as well, to keep an eye out for awesome events going on down south. So, here I am, looking forward to future trooping with you all.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
Welcome, Caitlin! I've adjusted your access so you can see our event planning forums.

Offline 501st LCOG

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »
Greetings,
My name is Pete and am one of the many LCOGS. Requesting full access to your boards. Thanks for the help.
Pete

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »
Hi Pete! You're now set up with 501st member access.

Offline Bowfanny

• Mando Mercs
  • If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a tree!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »
Greetings,
I am Robert Beard aka Bowfanny here on bs.n, and an OM with Concordia Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club. I am building a Scout Trooper. Also need to see about getting updated access to the boards.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:53:37 PM by Bowfanny »
Dodge it don't hug it!
Bowfanny

Tags: