Author Topic: All around newbie.  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Rottenheim

• Craig's Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
All around newbie.
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Craig and I want to thank you for granting me access to the forums. I've been interested in getting involved with a Star Wars costuming group for quite some time now. As for costuming myself, I truly don't know where to start or even who/what I'd like to be. I have recently been considering an Incinerator Trooper, Jango Fett, or a Sith Lord of some sort. Hopefully some time as a spotter will help me figure it all out.

My wife and I moved to the area back in February of 2012 (because I got a job at Evergreen) from Dallas. I work an interesting rotation of six weeks at home and six weeks abroad. At the moment my job has me working out of the Middle East, but hopefully that will change some after the new year.

I'm impressed with the way the Garrison and the 501st involve themselves in the community and hope to play a part in it.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and picking your brains a bit. If anyone has any questions of me, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Maybe the Force be with you.

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: All around newbie.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
Welcome! We'll look forward to meeting you at a future event. We always like having spotters around. :)

Offline Hoot

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
Craig,

Welcome. Are you an Imperial or Rebel at heart; or on those rare occasions (sp?) both? What ever your poison, know this: that this bunch of Imperials/ Rebels/ fellow newbie's, no matter your costuming decision, are here to help.
-Matthew

Offline Rottenheim

• Craig's Facebook
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
Craig,

Welcome. Are you an Imperial or Rebel at heart; or on those rare occasions (sp?) both? What ever your poison, know this: that this bunch of Imperials/ Rebels/ fellow newbie's, no matter your costuming decision, are here to help.

I think I typically see myself as an Imperial personality. I've play SW:ToR (Sith Jug), a bit of Galaxies, and even founds myself being scolded for my choice in abilities in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and the majority of my Lego Star Wars collection is Imperial. So yea, I think Imp is probably a good way to go for me.

I sent Missy a PM about tomorrow's Bell Ringing and would like to make it out. I have a stop or two I might make on my way up but will keep my phone handy in case she responds.

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 11:10:38 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Look forward to meeting you!
Macy

Tags: