Linked Events

• Portland International Raceway, For Children's Charity: August 10, 2013

Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE! Portland International Raceway, For Children's Charity  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Where: Portland International Raceway, Portland, OR
When: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Directions: Take I-5 North (coming from Portland) to exit 307 to PIR/Expo Center. Turn left under the freeway then turn right at stop sign towards PIP/Expo.
Charity: Doernbecher Children's Hospital
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:30:41 PM by carpe mindiem »
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Pod racer

• Cloud City Retired
    • Portland Homes For Cars
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Portland International Raceway, For Children's Charity
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:21:11 PM »
Additional clarification as needed.

How to access the infield pit area:
After driving under the freeway, you will turn right towards Expo Center. Park and Ride lot will be on your right.
Take the first left turn after the Park and Ride, towards the racetrack.

There is immediately another left turn into the racetrack entrance. DO NOT take this second left! Instead continue straight along the road with grass fields on both sides. There should also be an arrow sign indicating Road Racing or such. Go straight ahead.  This road will take you to turn eight, where you will cross to the infield (after signing the waiver with the security guard).

Track crossings will also happen every 30 minutes. I suggest you be at the crossing between 8:30 and 9:00 am so you have enough time to cross the track, haul gear to the inside tower, and then dress before the 10am start of trooping.

Once you drive into the infield of the track, look for the yellow three-story tower. Park nearby, and then look for my trailer. BSI Racing, and the red Ferrari 308 (Magnum PI). I will help you from there to the dressing rooms.

If you get stuck, lost, or have questions, call me at 503-703-0618. Mark
Biker Scout (TB-19161)
And a couple of old Italian racing pods

Tags: