Author Topic: Aloha from Hawai'i Island!  (Read 2527 times)

Offline DarthAloha

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Aloha from Hawai'i Island!
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
All,

I'm headed to PDX the weekend of 15/16 December and I'm wondering if you folks have a troop scheduled. I'm contemplating bringing my TK armor with me and I would love to get a chance to wear it with the great troopers of Portland while I'm in town.

Aloha and thanks much,

-Eric
Darth Aloha
TK-9674
Pacific Outpost

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Aloha from Hawai'i Island!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:22 PM »
Hi Eric! There is a Salvation Army bell-ringing troop planned for the 15th. It's usually one of our bigger troops as far as # of troopers participating. I've modified your permissions, so you should now be able to see our event planning sections of this forum to get details on this event. Let us know if you need anything else! Enjoy your time in PDX!

Offline Hoot

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
Aloha Eric,

Welcome to the CCG boards. Sit back and enjoy.  :D A word of advice: don't put your shoes on the furniture; the admins don't like that.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aloha
-Matthew

Offline DarthAloha

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
What are these shoes you speak of?

-Eric

Offline Aysel

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »
Welcome!

and

hey! if he wears the logger socks with the flip-flops he'll fit right in ^_^

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
Welcome!

A word of caution, the Salvation Army bell ringing event can be quite a cold one from what I've heard, so it may be a bit of a weather shock from your balmy Hawaii weather ;) I believe there's a birthday party troop going on in Hillsboro on the 16th. It's a much much smaller event obviously, but it's an indoor option if you're not up to braving the weather for the bell ringing.

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline DarthAloha

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. As a former resident of colder climates I hope my blood hasn't thinned too much.

Plus... I live at 3100 ft elevation. I'm wearing a fleece, flannel pants and wool slippers right now. Our wood burning stove is well used this time if year.

Mind you that won't stop me from whining over my voice amp like a Hawaiian wuss the whole troop.

-Eric

Tags: