Linked Events

• Bookfair Fundraiser in Eugene: July 10, 2010

Author Topic: MISSION COMPLETE: 07.10.10: Bookfair Fundraiser for Volunteer Library  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
 This is fantastic!  I'll let the Board members know - they'll be thrilled, as will Barnes & Noble.  I don't have to tell you that the kids LOVE when the Garrison shows up in the bookstore!

Here are a couple of the event logistics (I'll add more as I know them):

Event: Bookfair Fundraiser for River Road - Santa Clara Volunteer Library
   http://rrscvollib.org

Event date/time: Saturday, July 10 from 12:00 - 4:00pm

Event location: Barnes & Noble Eugene, located at 1163 Valley River Drive, Eugene, OR.
 ROSTER
David --Vader
Allan--Stormtrooper
Karyn--Leia
Michael W.--Tuskin Raider
Carlos--Sand trooper
Kevin--Jedi
Jacob--Imperial Crewman (maybe)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:43:15 PM by Quick2 »
Allan Quick

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hi, everyone:

On behalf of the River Road - Santa Clara Volunteer Library board, I want to thank you for supporting our fundraising efforts.  On a personal note, I'm absolutely stoked to get to work with you folks again - you do good works, and I love being a small part of it.

The Bookfair fundraiser works as follows: The Volunteer Library is responsible for promoting the event and providing a fun, in-store component that is designed to draw as many people in as possible to shop and support the Volunteer Library.  In return, Barnes & Noble contributes a percentage of sales from the day back to us.  A few years ago when Barnes & Noble hosted a Bookfair fundraiser for us, we netted about $500.  We hope to beat that this year, but with the current economic climate, we can never be too sure.  We'll be promoting like crazy, and obviously the goal is to get as many people in and shopping as possible!  I'll be utilizing social media quite heavily - between Twitter and Facebook, I hope to spread the word wide and early - and we'll also use traditional methods like press releases and poster/fliers.

On Saturday, July 10 we'll probably be hosting a few authors and possibly a musical guest, so there will be (hopefully) quite a bit going on.  That said, the Garrison will be the biggest draw, so I'll be promoting your appearance the most.

Who we are: As many of your know, the Volunteer Library is a small, volunteer-operated community library dedicated to serving the River Road and Santa Clara neighborhoods in Eugene.  While the city does have a public library system, because of the technicalities of city limits, the communities of River Road and Santa Clara fall outside of the city and don't have access to the Eugene Public Library without paying an annual fee of $100 (rumor has it that it may increase soon, though I'm not sure of the specifics).

Anyway, thanks again for helping us out.  We know that without your help, we'd be hard-pressed to have a fun, successful fundraiser.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks!
Andrew

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just an update to the afternoon's activities -

Two authors will be making an appearance to support our fundraising efforts:

• Carola Dunn, author of numerous books, perhaps most notably her mystery books, the Daisy Dalrymple series, and
  • Kent Goodman, author of Haunts of Western Oregon.

Thanks, again, for your support!

Andrew

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello, everyone:

Just wanted to share some of the promotional stuff that the Volunteer Library has set up and is sending out now.

The website has the Bookfair information, as well as a flyer available for download - I encourage you to check it out and share it, since this fundraiser is entirely dependent on people learning about the Bookfair event and coming in to shop with the coupons attached to the flyer.

Also: Barnes & Noble Eugene has received and is displaying posters promoting CCG's appearance.  I've not seen them yet, but I've been told that they're swank and have already garnered quite a few "oohs" and "aahs".  I'll see if I can snap a photo of them sometime soon and post it here for everyone to see.

Things are ramping up - thanks so much for your participation and support!!

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
This is coming up this coming Saturday. Looks like a great turnout on Roster. Thank you.  Barnes and Noble are looking forward to this with many Patrons coming out to Support the Santa Clara Library and seeing CCG and KB Trooping.
Allan Quick

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just a quick "thank you" from me (the Board will send a formal thank you soon) for the amazing job your folks did yesterday!  The bookstore LOVED having you, and it was an honor to be among you folks once again.  I got some preliminary numbers: looks like [so far] the Volunteer Library will receive a contribution of $420 - and we still have until Thursday for people to shop and have 20% of their purchase go back to the Volunteer Library!!

I'll send word on the final total after the fundraiser is officially over.

I know that the authors, particularly Carola, were thrilled to have you as part of their day.  I know you made a lot of people happy, and I hope you were able to make some new connections.

Allan: Can you PM me your mailing address so the Board can send you a proper "thank you" letter?

Again - my thanks.  You folks do good works!

-Andrew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
AWESOME. Thank for the update Andrew. Thank you again for helping with this Event. KUDO's

A few pictures in gallery
Allan Quick

Offline cmdr.keen

• My launch page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: MISSION COMPLETE: 07.10.10: Bookfair Fundraiser for Volunteer Library
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »
Just wanted to post a quick update for your records: According to the final tally, the Volunteer Library received a contribution of $534.00 from Barnes & Noble!

This is, in large part, thanks to the efforts of you fine folks - we couldn't have done it without you. My thanks, again, for such a fantastic troop - we had a great time, and I certainly hope that you did too.

Thanks!
Andrew

Tags: