Author Topic: A Sith from Beaverton  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
A Sith from Beaverton
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
Greetings all. My name is Kris, I'm 27, I live in Beaverton with my wife and 3 kids, and I'm currently in the process of building an ESB Vader suit. I've got the bodysuit, helm, gloves, saber, upper armor and shins either ordered or already in possession and am always working of getting a hold of more pieces/parts. I'm hoping to have this done and be 501st accepted by the time the rose festival rolls around next year.

I am an active member on the forums at both the Sith Training Temple and The 501st Sith Lord Detachment. Though I'm not sure how membership works on all levels, I would like to be a member of this garrison and If I have done my research correctly I have to have a 501st TK# or SL# to be a member correct?

I'm open to any suggestions for my costume or anything really about being a part of this community.

Thanks all
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:34:23 AM by Lord Mobius »

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: A Sith from Beaverton
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
Welcome Kris :D. Im sure you will be getting a ton of input shortly on costuming and membership. I currently am a  member of Kashyyyk Base Rebel Legion as Old Ben. And am currently working on a Darth Tyranus outfit to officially join CCG :mrgreen:.........old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:17:13 PM »
welcome Kris.. Vader is an awesome costume and it looks like you are on right track.   What is your finish goal?  Anyway make yourself at home.

Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »
Id like to have most of what I need done by halloween but I understand thats an unrealistic goal. Ill be happy with just about any completion date that allows me to walk with the garrison in the upcoming Starlight and or Rose parade.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:12:42 PM by Lord Mobius »

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
hello kris and welcome!i live in hillsboro along with Kyle.Please let me know if i can help in any way!
Rob TD-8821
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:30:40 AM »
Well, you are certainly giving yourself enough lead time with Starlight as your goal. Slow and easy is the best course of action to take when you are putting a costume together for the 501st. Especially for the one that probably has the most scrutiny for restrictions and costume judging.

It's a side bonus to get it done by Halloween. But you have a great attitude in recognizing that it may not be a realistic goal to get this costume done in the short time frame. But, I am sure it will be kick a$$ when you get it done.

Welcome to Cloud City, by the way!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone it is appreciated. Heres a couple photos from last night(with a touch of photoshop) :wink: that shows what I have now... My upper armor is on the way as well as the lid but I modded the bodysuit and gloves yesterday yo be acceptably screen accurate. Let me know what you think. Oh and please don't mind my mess

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:37:15 AM by Lord Mobius »

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
Welcome Kris! :)
Cool suit!Gloves look good,can't wait to see the armor
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
Ill probably update this thread as I get more pieces/parts, that or Ill create one somewhere to show status.

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:29:01 PM »
Looks good.  I'm one of the resident Vader's.  Although, at the moment, I am on a bit of a hiatus during a suit upgrade.  Things look really good.

Out of curiosity, which version of the ESB Vader are you looking at?  I know that sounds strange, but there are a few.

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »
Well, Im not sure what exactly you mean by which version but if its what I think it is Im looking at the hero version with no cape hook...

Is that what you're looking for?

IF not let me know and Ill do my best to answer

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Well, the versions are little quirks in the costume from the movie.  Everything from the knee-length robe in the Hoth scene to the fabric back with leather front body suit from the chair scene.  Also, chest box lights (the red and blue) which are visible in a couple of scenes, fully colored shoulder bells (rather than all black) which is visible in only one scene, wrist or forearm length gloves, and of course the cape hook/chain.

I know this is a lot of detail, but I did my homework with the ESB Vader.

Offline Darth Mobius

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »
Im planning on going with a full length robe and since I currently have a rubies suit that is hotter than all get out Ill be cutting the back out and replacing it with mesh so that I don't bake whilst trooping. As far as chest box goes, at the moment I think Ill be sticking to non lit. My gloves as you can see above are the forearm length. Im thinking Ill go with solid black shoulder bells, and I already have a length of chain for the cloak but have also been considering the leather strap with button technique.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:19:39 AM by Lord Mobius »

Tags: