Author Topic: Lee's 181st WIP  (Read 1754 times)

Hikuro1983

Lee's 181st WIP
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:59:31 PM »
After 50 troops in my Tie and becoming to small to fit into my flight suit, I felt it was time to finally buckle down and work on the next step to my piloting abilities.

First step I started with my helmet.... I went Gunmetal on the mohawk, chin and Side jaw area.
Wasn't to difficult just had to scrub away all that silver I did a year ago, then just airbrushed the gunmetal look to it.

Next step was buying youth style shin guards, I wanted to go with a more unique look as it seems a lot of people don't go with this style. I'm not entirely sure as to why? It's kind of neat in my opinion.

flight suit provided by Wampa Wear after they started to restock regularly. I got a good fitting size and shocked, I dropped 3 sizes and this is on the verge of tight in some areas and baggy in others so I'm sure by next summer I'll need to go down again!

Follow that up with a chest box. I went with WTF and...well.....I'm actually pretty disappointed in a way and I'll go into detail on that.
See, my first chest box I had for my ANH tie I received actually finished except for where the hoses needed to go, I had to do that myself...wasn't hard just different for me. But it was very nicely assembled and looked fantastic. I thought to myself, this'll be easy to build cause it's just a rectangular shape with a slight angle. Can't be that hard!
Eh well....no. I feel like I got a slab of plastic and nothing else. Infact, for what I paid, I felt kind of ripped off. There's no line definitions to know where I need to cut, I got a nasty pinched corner, and it's a tad misshapen. I even purchased hoses and they are all roughly 20 inches in length even my third hose is the same size. I didn't even get elbow connectors I mean, come on....that would of been nice to of at least known. I ended up going to Homedepot today got something closely resembling the CRL style of connectors.
And since there's no tutorial or instructions of any kind I'm digging around as much as I can online to find what I need. Hence why there's a lot of sharpie on the box...I'm figuring out how much I need to cut and where to trim and place my elbow points and rough button layout and the likes. Bummed the heck out! So because of the time crunch as I'm hoping to get this ready by evergreen if I can make it I'm trying to find an alternative way of getting that and talking with some people.

There's also the problem with my flak vest and my ejection harness. While I've got the materials to make the harness....my machine is crapped out so we packed it up for the move and just gonna leave it alone. No idea what to do now on that.
The vest I ordered from Custom Props back in mid October with an X Wing vest to go with it. Sadly, I had to put it for dispute last week after never hearing back AND they refunded me the X Wing vest. Tracking # they finally gave me isn't even working.....that's disappointing.

Well.....that's pretty much where I'm at right now with this. Guess just gotta wait it out.

Hikuro1983

Re: Lee's 181st WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:27:15 PM »
Hm I don't recall ordering a B Type Chest box....which to late now!
Seeing how my hose is centered left, so oh well. Its fine, I wasn't to happy with the print out of the switches so I went and printed some new ones. Shame on me though, should of checked ahead of time and I would of been close to finished on this end of the project.

So while printing the new buttons I decided to figure out the layout I'm pretty close in my assessment in spacing and thickness, so I'll be cutting these out as guides later this week when I get to the nitty gritty of the build.

and FINALLY my vest arrived. Sadly the guy put the wrong name on there and I was almost not allowed to pick it up at the local wallgreens where it was dropped off. -_- my name is not James Higgins, was very far off on that. Had to show the tracking info and my ID with my address to get this. But I'll admit it, I'm pretty happy with how it looks and we're gonna try and reverse engineer this in the future to make another one for the X Wing build.

Well, this is it, the box is 60% complete, just needing the correct hoses, and the next few days I'll begin work on the ejection harness. I have an idea on how to do it in 30 minutes. After that.....off to the approvals.

Maybe 1 or 2 more updates and I'll be done.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 02:32:35 PM »
Looking Good Amigo!!

Hikuro1983

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »

One adjustment, then build the box, wait on hoses and find a way to get the rear of the third hose connected.

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »
Looks great! A little more weathering on the broom and you'll be approved in no time ;)
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:48 AM »
Looking good Lee! Not just the costume but you as well! Congrats on all the weight loss!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Hikuro1983

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 07:38:20 PM »
Thanks, back on the wagon 2 weeks and it's helping.

I started working on my box and buttons....I have some hoses on order that should work until my WTF hoses come in...the only thing that's eluding me is attaching the hose to the back. If I can figure that out, then I'll pretty much have this thing I think ready by the weekend to go.

Hikuro1983

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
Chestbox is finished, the cable as been plugged in without issues. The only thing left is to paint my end cap for my hose and get that strapped along with strapping my chest box. I feel I could be double submitting costumes tomorrow.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 03:04:08 PM »
Looking awesome all the way around Lee.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Tags: