Author Topic: 06.02.18: Starlight Parade Spotter Sign Up - Portland  (Read 4300 times)

Offline saberwolff

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 06.02.18: Starlight Parade Spotter Sign Up - Portland
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:21 PM »
      If you need a wagon puller, I could fill that spot as well,  Let me know
                                                                                                               Will
Will

Offline scen hjord

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 07:40:57 AM »
Carl will be there to pull the wagon of water.  People are welcome to drop keys, wallets and such in the wagon.  Just remember to grab your stuff at the end as Carl will no be walking back to the staging area.

Scott W

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:09:13 AM »
And with that, we have all of our spotter roles filled. THANK YOU to all of the spotter volunteers! We are so grateful for your support--especially during this event. I'll be posting more details and information for you all either today or tomorrow, and we'll see you on Saturday.

If anyone has a change of plans and won't be able to make it, please let us know ASAP so we can get someone else to fill your spot.

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
Quick question is there a carpool from Vancouver/Camas/Washougal?  I’d be willing to chip in for gas and a beverage afterwards.
Anne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:13:15 PM »
SPOTTERS! I'll be sending you all a message directly, but please check out the OP here for detailed info and maps for Saturday. Let me know (either reply here or send me a PM) if you have any questions or concerns!

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
BREAKING NEWS :)
This year we'll have another option of space for hanging out all day. Thanks to the Janssens and their connections, we've secured the rooftop of the DeSoto building for our group to use. This is the top of the 4-story building directly adjacent to the parking lot. There is an elevator. There are indoor bathrooms we'll have access to (on the first floor). There are umbrellas, tables, and chairs. The only catch is the door into the building must remain locked. We're figuring out the best way to handle access. So, feel free to hang out in the park like usual, check out the rooftop if you'd like, or bounce back and forth.
http://desotorooftopterrace.com/#
720 NW Davis St.

Also, we might have an opportunity for two spotters to carry our banner at the front of our group. If this is something you might be interested in, let me know. It helps if the two people are about the same height so that it's easier to keep the banner level while you carry it, so I might also ask you how tall you are.

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 05:19:53 AM »
That sounds Great!  Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »
One of our spotters is going to march in costume now, so Anthony is up if he’s still ready and willing. Let us know!

We also lost our “stay back at camp” person, so if anyone who’s not already on the marching roster can help with that, we’d all really appreciate it.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
Spotters - THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help at Starlight!! You're an essential part of the success for all of us at this troop. The spotters I could see in my immediate vicinity (especially Dennis!) were fantastic about keeping rowdy crowd members away from us all. I hope you all had some fun!

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 08:02:10 AM »
Thank you spotters for helping make Starlight 2018 a success! Hopefully you can rest and relax today, you all have certainly earned it!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »
Piling on more THANKS!  Lot of people needed shooed away, we even got some police assistance with one in particular, not an easy job being a spotter,  many thanks to you all!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline stevo502

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »
I want to pile on too! Thank you all SO much for helping us out for this huge event! We'd be lost without you!

Offline Bodacieah

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
I was happy to be included and help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jj49

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 06:07:23 PM »
Thank you! Thank you! Spotters...you guys were great and we can’t say enough how valuable you are. I enjoyed meeting those of you I hadn’t met before, and those I did know...happy to see you again  :D
TB-14944

Tags: