Author Topic: DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)  (Read 7566 times)

Offline DStep

DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »
My BBB came yesterday and I'm super excited.  Just got everything laid out.  Life's been busy, so I won't be able to work on this often, but I plan on knocking a lot out when I do.  I'll be sure to ask plenty of questions along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline CadBane3

Re: DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »
Awesome! Congrats on the new arrival! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline DStep

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »
OK I’m trying to identify the correct parts for the arms and legs.  Can someone confirm that I’ve marked them correctly?

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
Congrats and look forward to see your build.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline DStep

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »

Thanks and good to see that yours is coming along nicely!

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »

Thanks and good to see that yours is coming along nicely!

Slowly, mistakes were made. But I have no major issues with it so far.

Offline DStep

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »
I’ve roughly trimmed and test fitted the arms and legs and I have a question on the thighs.

My first test fit leaves a 20mm cover strip in the back and is able to leave the same space on both sides of the cover strip, where the ridge of the thigh drops down, just like the front cover strip.

At this size, the bottom of the thigh is just below the top of my knee cap and there is some room around the knee.  However, the meat of my thigh is real snug in the armor (I can still butt the center of the inner and outer thighs, so you can ignore the gap in the picture).

I also noticed that when I sit down, the top of the thighs already run against my hip bone.

Does this sizing sound right?  It feels like it should sit higher above my knee, so I would have to size it larger...but then I would need to trim the top of the thigh, so it wouldn’t bump into my hip when I sit.

Offline daryldoak

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 10:21:44 PM »
Don’t trim anything off the tops of your thighs.  You won’t be sitting in your armor anyway.

You’ll be able to fine-tune the thighs up or down when you do the strapping with the garter belt.

I would go ahead and glue the front 20mm coverstrip on using E6000, then move onto the shins.

Make sure you are wearing your boots when you size the shins.
TK/TA/TS/IS/IC/BH-11371

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 06:53:56 AM »
what Daryl said about the sitting.. none of that going on as a TK :P

knee height actually looks ok. once you put the ammo pack on one theigh and the snipe plate on the other it will look right. im 5'11" with an AP kit and the thighs sit right at the top of my knee caps as well.

As for the snugness of the thighs- one thing that will help and is up to your preference is to remove some of that top return edge on the inside of your thigh. If you look through pics some people leave it some people take it all off and some go about half. I had to remove all of mine as I Cycle and that edge just was to tight.  Once you get that front cover strip of the thighs glued on you will be able to somewhat shape the back of the thigh to meet up and fit what you need. I know the front cover strips are a specific width but with the backs you have a bit more leeway in width to accomadate a more comfortable fit.

the first cut and fit piece can be pretty daunting.. after that it gets alot easier!!

Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Pixelito

• Cloud City Retired
  • Bats EVERYWHERE!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »
Daryl and Mike pretty much said it all already! I'm just here to continue confirming it.  :tongue:

I totally removed the return edge on my thigh pieces. Even with shims for my fatty legs, I found that they were digging in and cutting off circulation at times... Makes trooping even more uncomfortable! Leave 'em if you can but don't be afraid to do a little removal for your own comfort! All the comfort adjustments should pretty much come after you get things put together and fitting the best they can, though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:33:33 AM by Pixelito »
TK-16924
Heavy Weapons Trooper

Offline DStep

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 10:11:50 PM »
Don’t trim anything off the tops of your thighs.  You won’t be sitting in your armor anyway.

You’ll be able to fine-tune the thighs up or down when you do the strapping with the garter belt.

I would go ahead and glue the front 20mm coverstrip on using E6000, then move onto the shins.

Make sure you are wearing your boots when you size the shins.

Hey thanks for the help Daryl!  Glad to know I can move on. 

I started trimming the body and marked the holes for the bracket straps. 

OK will do on the boots!

Offline DStep

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 10:20:13 PM »
what Daryl said about the sitting.. none of that going on as a TK :P

knee height actually looks ok. once you put the ammo pack on one theigh and the snipe plate on the other it will look right. im 5'11" with an AP kit and the thighs sit right at the top of my knee caps as well.

As for the snugness of the thighs- one thing that will help and is up to your preference is to remove some of that top return edge on the inside of your thigh. If you look through pics some people leave it some people take it all off and some go about half. I had to remove all of mine as I Cycle and that edge just was to tight.  Once you get that front cover strip of the thighs glued on you will be able to somewhat shape the back of the thigh to meet up and fit what you need. I know the front cover strips are a specific width but with the backs you have a bit more leeway in width to accomadate a more comfortable fit.

the first cut and fit piece can be pretty daunting.. after that it gets alot easier!!

OK thanks for confirming the sizing by the knee and the note on the back cover strips.

Yeah I should’ve known about no sitting lol

Cool, now that I know the rough placement is right, I’ll clean up all return edges and get a better sizing.

Offline DStep

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 10:25:05 PM »
Daryl and Mike pretty much said it all already! I'm just here to continue confirming it.  :tongue:

I totally removed the return edge on my thigh pieces. Even with shims for my fatty legs, I found that they were digging in and cutting off circulation at times... Makes trooping even more uncomfortable! Leave 'em if you can but don't be afraid to do a little removal for your own comfort! All the comfort adjustments should pretty much come after you get things put together and fitting the best they can, though.

Hey thanks for confirming, it helps me feel more confident to move to the next steps!

Oh yeah good point on being comfortable...I’ll test the fit by trying some walking and moving.

I appreciate all the help!

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 01:44:08 AM »
Absolutely do your shins with your boots on.

Offline DStep

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 10:49:21 PM »
I made some progress on the forearms and thighs...got them trimmed & sanded and glued the front, inner cover strips.  Let me know if you see anything to correct here.

I have the calves ready next.  Also, I’m almost done trimming & sanding the chest, ab, back, kidney and posterior pieces.  They should be ready for mounting the brackets soon.

Tags: