Author Topic: Future Clone Trooper  (Read 2094 times)

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Future Clone Trooper
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:51:03 PM »
Beginning the journey....

Greetings all! My name is Tim and I have started the epic journey to becoming a clone trooper! Like many of you I have been a life long fan of Star Wars. I've found a certain draw to clone troopers as depicted in the animated series and Karen Traviss' Republic Commando novels. I am a former US Army Paratrooper and I am sure some of the appeal of clone troopers comes from that part of my background.

After encouragement from friends, I have done much research into working on a clone trooper armor set, specifically ARC Trooper Echo. In my research I have found appropriate suppliers (from the fine folks over at http://501stclonetroopers.com) for most of the things I need and found that aside from the cost of materials the biggest investment in creating a great armor set is the time you put into working on the set. With that in mind, I have only one obstacle: I live in very small apartment that does not have any extra space to work on such a project. This may delay start of physical work until I can find somewhere I can work on it outside of the apartment (my kingdom for a garage!).

With that in mind, I am continuing to refine my research, saving my credits and looking out for pitfalls along the way. Once I actually get some physical parts in hand I will start a WIP thread here to document my successes and failures so that others may learn from me like I am doing from all of you!
Tim Hadley- Future Clone (ARC Trooper Echo)

Offline CJ49er

Re: Future Clone Trooper
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:36:30 PM »
Welcome Tim!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums Tim!

Echo is a great choice! Sounds like you've hooked up with the Clonetrooper Detachment which is a great resource for build info! We'll occasionally have "armor parties" where a member will host anyone who wants to come and work on their armor and that might be a great way for you to get some work done and meet some fellow Star Wars nerds! Keep an eye out in the public event section for those.

WIP are great too, as it's always great to see a build come together and we can try and answer any questions as well.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline NavySith

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Welcome Tim, Nice meeting you this weekend at RCCC.

It's great to see interest in another Clone. I currently have the 212th Clone and will be starting my ARC trooper Fives. Registering on the Clone Trooper  Detachment is a great way to get the information. Posting a WIP on both this forum and the CTD is also a great way to get help. Clones are also duel Legion so you can also post on the Clones of the Republic. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from the Utapau battle front

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 12:25:29 AM »
Thanks all! I forgot that clones were dual legion! Will check on Clones of the Republic for more resources! Thanks NavySith!

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »
welcome! def excited to see more clones!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi, Tim!  Good to see you on the forum.  Tim is one of my co-workers!  :D :D  I'm lucky to have someone who understands my Star Wars-ing...

Echo is a great choice!!  I would encourage you to come to our Meet and Greet coming up on October 1st.  It's a great way to meet some of our members and ask some more in depth questions.  Here's the details:  http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=11158.msg123630#new

I would also encourage you to keep an eye on the Spotter Check In thread for opportunities to come to some of our events to get an idea of what our group is all about.  This is also a great way to meet lots of members and get to know people in the group.  http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0

Good luck with your build and let us know if you have any questions.
Jedi Missy

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »
Unfortunately, I have other plans for that exact time on October 1st- but if those plans change I will be sure to make it.

I also ordered one of those fancyshmancy SWO spotter shirts and added myself to the spotter e-mail list. I want to get involved!

Offline TrooperTim1138

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »

Tags: