Author Topic: sourcing for TIE reserve  (Read 2217 times)

Offline DocKungFu

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
sourcing for TIE reserve
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
Hi all!

I've been hoping to assemble a basic TIE reserve before the Eugene Emeralds game, but it's starting to look dicey. In particular, I'm having a hard time locating affordable boots, gloves, hat, and belt. I would gladly just order from Wampa Wear, but I'm in a pretty low income bracket and need to do this first costume on a budget. Can anyone point me to the more cost-effective resources? Thanks for any help!

Offline DocKungFu

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: sourcing for TIE reserve
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 02:47:55 PM »
Bump and update.

JRS hooked me up with a mentor and he helped me find everything but the flight suit. Does anyone know of a maker that is level 3 approved out-of-box? It sounds like CosPlaySky is of questionable quality and Wampa Wear doesn't do the vinyl printed cogs. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Offline Madighon

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
You could ask Wampa Wear if they would send it without any cogs and put your own vinyl ones on, or remove the embroidered cogs and put your own on.  The vinyl cogs are pretty cheap and readily available through folks on the JRS forums.
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:04:22 PM »
Wampawear does do the vinyl printed cogs. I have them on my flight-suit from them. You choose which option you want (patches or vinyl) from the drop-down menu. But it looks like they're out of stock on all their TIE flight-suits right now. You can shoot them an email asking when they'll be back in stock. That's what I had to do, and it only took a few weeks. Good luck!
TK/TD-76216

Hikuro1983

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »
I think they're getting in somewhere around 300 flight suits of various colors and sizes recently. But it'll be sometime before they get their whole stock updated. I've been sitting waiting for my Rebel orange to become available in my size.
But I pretty much went all in with Wampa Wear for flight suit and hat. Gloves and boots came from imperial boots, belt came from a local member and I made my own code cylinders and compad via 3d Printing.

Offline DocKungFu

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
Much obliged for the assistance, all! I was able to connect with Wampa Wear and a few other distributors. My kit should be together in about a month. I was really hoping to have it ready for the Emeralds game, unfortunately. I guess I'll be mission support for that one.

Tags: