Author Topic: SIGNUPS OPEN: Rose City ComicCon 09.08-09.10.2017 SPOTTER INFO  (Read 12225 times)

Offline MissyThing

Attention SWO Spotters:

Rose City ComicCon is coming up quickly and we wanted to alert you that we will be looking for some help at this year's event.  We will be offering discounted tickets to spotters who volunteer at our booth.   

Here's some details:

WHAT IS ROSE CITY COMICCON (RCCC)??
RCCC is Portland's premier pop-culture event, Rose City Comic Con is produced locally with a focus on creating a fun and friendly event for everyone!  Here's the event website if you want more info:  https://rosecitycomiccon.com/

WHEN IS RCCC?
RCCC is a three-day event in 2017! Friday has been added to the fun. Convention floor hours:
- Friday, September 8: 1pm-8pm
- Saturday, September 9: 10am-7pm
- Sunday, September 10: 10am-5pm

PAY NOW
PRICES ARE NOW SET. No new signups for discounted tickets can be accepted now. If you have your own ticket, you're still welcome to sign up for whatever you'd like to do.
Weekend pass (if you signed up for 5+ hours): $35
Friday and Sunday passes: $16
Saturday passes: $19

Payment options:
- PayPal: mindiem@comcast.net - DO NOT PASS THE FEES ON TO ME. If you want to use the Goods/Services options rather than Friends/Family, use www.thefeecalculator.com to determine how much you actually need to send to make sure I get the full amount. Ask me if you have questions and I'll help you out!
- NEW - Venmo: @Mindie-Mosiman
- Check: Contact me to arrange handoff or mailing - NOTE THAT CHECKS MUST CLEAR BY 9/6 FOR ME TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET
- No cash. Please arrange with someone else to make your payment if cash is your only form of payment. (i.e. Give the cash to a buddy who has PayPal and have your buddy PayPal me)

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR A DISCOUNTED PASS:
5 booth hours for a weekend pass (you can choose to volunteer five hours on one day or spread it out to two or three days)
2 booth hours for a one-day pass (one-day pass will be for the same day that you volunteer to work)

TIMELINE a.k.a. WHEN CAN I SIGN UP??
NOW! Signups open for all spotters - minimum shifts only - no extra hours (this is so that we give everyone a chance to sign up before filling the schedule with people willing to work extra time)
NOW! - Signups beyond minimum shifts open for everyone
PAST - Deadline for shift signup for ticket discount - ticket cost will be posted this day
September 6 - Deadline for ticket payments - if we don’t have your cleared transaction by this date, you will not be getting a discounted ticket - plan accordingly!

BOOTH SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN

A Note Before You Choose Your Shifts
We need everyone to be on time for their shifts and stay on shift for the whole time scheduled. When you're not there for a shift or if you are late, it leaves a hole that someone else has to fill. Please don't be that problem-maker! Build in breaks for yourself when you need them to eat or rest.

How to sign up:
1. Take a look at the schedule sheet. Note that there are separate tabs for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday booth schedules (and the Rebel Hunt).
2. Review the Role Descriptions tab to ensure you're familiar with the expectations and duties of each position you want to help with.
3. Decide which shifts you want. You can select from the three Helper/Photographer roles, Entrance/Donations/Line Control, Line Control, and Floater.
4. Reply here with the following information. Please copy and paste and fill in as appropriate.
DAY:
TIME: 
ROLE:

Notes:
  • Remember to sign up for exactly 5 hours if you want a discounted ticket for the weekend, 2 hours if you want a discounted ticket for a single day, or anywhere from 1-5 hours if you don’t need a ticket from us.
  • Do not tell us that you can work any shift or to simply fill you in somewhere. Pick specific shifts.
  • You cannot edit the spreadsheet. Please reply here if you need to make any changes.

Thank you for your help! We're looking forward to another fun RCCC this year!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:46:23 PM by carpe mindiem »
Jedi Missy

Offline Stags

Re: SAVE THE DATE: Rose City ComicCon 09.08-09.10.2017 SPOTTER INFO
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
Sweet! I finally have all the parts for my initial costume done, just need to get photos and then off to approval. But I'll still spot a bit as well. :)

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »
Sweet! I finally have all the parts for my initial costume done, just need to get photos and then off to approval. But I'll still spot a bit as well. :)

Glad to hear it!  I'm looking forward to seeing your build.
Jedi Missy

Offline OmniWill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
I'm a bit confused. What does minimum shifts mean?

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:13:51 PM »

If you want a discounted ticket through us, there are minimum shifts to fulfill. (5 hours for a weekend pass or 2 hours for a day pass)

Sometimes people like to work more than the minimum.

When signups open, we'll limit signups to the minimum (5 hours or 2 hours) for each person to leave spaces available for everyone to sign up. Then a little later, we'll lift that and let people sign up for as much time as they want, if they want to do more than the minimum.

Does that help?

Offline OmniWill

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »

If you want a discounted ticket through us, there are minimum shifts to fulfill. (5 hours for a weekend pass or 2 hours for a day pass)

Sometimes people like to work more than the minimum.

When signups open, we'll limit signups to the minimum (5 hours or 2 hours) for each person to leave spaces available for everyone to sign up. Then a little later, we'll lift that and let people sign up for as much time as they want, if they want to do more than the minimum.

Does that help?

Ah! Yeah that makes sense. Thank you

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
I'm in for the 5 hours. How does the discount work by the way?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 04:05:22 PM »
As long as you sign up for 5 hours in the booth, you'll be eligible for a discounted pass for the weekend.

There will be more info about final cost and payment deadlines as we get closer.

Passes will be distributed at con setup (if you're able to make it to that) or on your first day of attendance at the con. Again, more details to come.

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 12:38:14 AM »
As long as you sign up for 5 hours in the booth, you'll be eligible for a discounted pass for the weekend.

There will be more info about final cost and payment deadlines as we get closer.

Passes will be distributed at con setup (if you're able to make it to that) or on your first day of attendance at the con. Again, more details to come.
Okay thanks Mindi. When is the set up? I would like to help with that if possible.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »
We won't know for at least a month or so. We'll update here when we do. :)

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 11:47:04 PM »
We won't know for at least a month or so. We'll update here when we do. :)
Okay.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
Sign ups for booth shifts are now open for spotters! Check the OP for updates and instructions to sign up.

If you'd like to help with load-in on Thursday, setup on Friday, or teardown on Sunday, you can let us know that, too, but we won't have specific details about those things for a little while yet. (These activities don't count towards our discounted tickets; only the blue shifts on the schedule sheet do.)

Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you so much for your support!

Offline RazrSquall

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Crud, I need to edit my sign up.

DAY: Saturday 9/9
TIME:  4 - 6pm
ROLE: line control

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: SIGNUPS OPEN: Rose City ComicCon 09.08-09.10.2017 SPOTTER INFO
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »
No problem! Gotcha!

Offline Stags

Re: SIGNUPS OPEN: Rose City ComicCon 09.08-09.10.2017 SPOTTER INFO
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
Saturday
  • 12-1: Line Control
  • 2-4: Floater

Sunday
  • 11-1: Floater
  • 2-4: Line Control

I may be able to help with other stuff if needed. I'll have to check my work schedule to see if I can help with setup .

Tags: