Author Topic: Photobucket changes terms of service  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Eiyame

Re: Photobucket changes terms of service
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 02:22:25 AM »
Photobucket has been driving me crazy too! It broke a handful of my links a while ago that were on the New Member thread. I was able to re-upload them, but now it won't let me copy past direct links to any forum! I've been using PB for YEARS! I tried Flickr, but the links weren't working for me. I might just have to break down and pay the $2.50 a month... Unless anyone else knows of a better images hosting site?

The basic service doesn't cover it. You have to have the 500 sub which is $400 a year. So its not worth it, just move your images and fix the links. They broke all my legion images, and all my RP forum. I just spent the last 3 hours re uploading and re coding my site. And I still haven't had a chance to fix my legion stuff yet (of what I can) I am not a happy camper over here, I am in the get the torch and pitchforks kinda of mood when it comes to the subject of PB.  :evil:
etsy.com/shop/AEtherealDesigns
facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 07:37:30 AM »
Ugh!  I have the $9.99 per year plan with NO third party sharing.  I'm not upgrading and have some work to do here. 
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Eiyame

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
Ugh!  I have the $9.99 per year plan with NO third party sharing.  I'm not upgrading and have some work to do here.

Yeah I would pull your images and move them to a new hosting site, paying them is just silly at this point.
etsy.com/shop/AEtherealDesigns
facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 12:35:39 AM »
It's a shame that Photobucket went this way, and like others, I've used the host for years and I used to swear by the place. Now... Well, I've started up an Imgur account and I've been slowly re-uploading things onto there including build pictures, standards pictures, role play images, and so on. I have a ton of images on Photobucket but I doubt that I'll bother to re-host them all, I'll just do the more important ones and forget about the rest.

Imgur seems to be working fine so far but my one complaint is I really don't like the image layout. I prefer the Photobucket layout where it showed thumbnails of pictures, and showed many of them on a page, so I didn't have to scroll through hundreds of images to find the one that I'm looking ford. Maybe there's a way to change the image tiling or something that I haven't found yet...

Boy am I going to have fun fixing links all over the place. Fixing links on the RPF, the RL forum, RL standards, my blog, role play forums... Ugh...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 08:25:17 AM »
a very odd thing for a company to do...its almost as if they want to fail..and a very abrupt business model change. it is def a bummer that after people using it for years and years and all the images and info that will be lost..
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
Yeah, it's an interesting choice from a business perspective.

I wonder if they actually announced anything prior to the switch and everyone missed it?
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline L Kamino

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 11:53:46 AM »
I don't recall getting a notice from them but I may have blipped it into oblivion.  Thanks so much to Daryl for starting this thread and to Freya for posting on FB.
Eetla the Ewok, Darth Revan, Pilot with Rebel Legion Starfighter Command

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 11:21:22 PM »
Not sure if this is new or not but Imgur is getting picky, too. This is in their FAQs...

We allow hotlinking on forums, but hotlinked images cannot be used as content for a website, including blog posts, avatars, site elements, and advertising. You can read our terms of service for more info. If you believe your site has been mistakenly blocked, please contact us for assistance.

Does anyone know of a free image host that allows third-party image hosting, even for blogs, and that makes it easy to get the BB code and direct link image URLs?
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 07:29:33 AM »
And they got to my account today. Time to move all my photos to flikr or something after I get back from Boy Scout summer camp.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Tags: