Author Topic: 06.03.17: Starlight Parade - SPOTTER sign ups  (Read 10946 times)

Offline PDXTimbers

• Cloud City Retired
  • aka BrianD TK/DS-42121
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: 06.03.17: Starlight Parade - SPOTTER sign ups
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 10:31:26 PM »
Not sure it matters, but maybe it does---but feel free to demote me to Waitlist #3, down from #1.  If Carl or Arctraw get a shot at spotting, good for them.
Looking for Droids.  R2 and BB units mostly.
Brian D; PDXTimbers

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »
Not sure it matters, but maybe it does---but feel free to demote me to Waitlist #3, down from #1.  If Carl or Arctraw get a shot at spotting, good for them.

Ok. I'll do it.

Sent from the Jedi Temple
Jedi Missy

Offline Stags

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
When should we arrive by?

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »

I added some timing details and updated maps in the OP.

Brian, thank you for so graciously bumping yourself down the spotter waitlist! Are you sure you don't want to TK-up for this? :D

Melissa and Michael, any chance you two would consider taking advantage of trooping this in costume so that we can get some more non-members involved as spotters?

Offline MissyThing

06.03.17: Starlight Parade - SPOTTER sign ups
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
Mindie added some timing info! Thanks.

As a reminder, if you're signed up to be a spotter and do not have one of the official SWO spotter shirts you will be able to borrow one. You will need to be prepared to trade your drivers license in exchange, but you'll get it back at the end of the parade. Unfortunately, I can't get out of work so I won't be there, but Scott will handle that for us. So, when you arrive just check in with o e of our excellent COs or XOs (Scott, Harry, or Luke).

Have fun!!

Sent from the Jedi Temple
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:15:53 AM by MissyThing »
Jedi Missy

Offline Stags

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »

I added some timing details and updated maps in the OP.

Great! I'm excited. I wish my costume was done in time but alas that's how it goes.

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 05:16:16 PM »
Spotters: Thank you so much for volunteering to help out tomorrow! Here are a few last minute notes and reminders:

- I know some folks are planning to be on-site as early as noon. Feel free to spend the day hanging out! It's quite likely that some folks will do a group lunch somewhere nearby, and you're also welcome to bring lunch (and dinner) with you to eat in the park.

- Please arrive no later than 6:45pm and check in with Harry or Scott T (ask around if you don't know them). At this point everyone will be changing into costume to be ready to go by 7:30pm. Help folks get suited up as appropriate and then be prepared to help "secure" the area during our group photos. (Keep the public out of them while we take our official shots.)

- Remember to pack anything you need for the day, which might include: Your spotter t-shirt, something to sit on in the park (camp chair, blanket, etc), food/drinks, wet wipes/hand sanitizer, comfortable shoes, and whatever else you need!

- Say hello to new people you haven't met before! Catch up with old friends! This is a fantastic opportunity for the whole group to socialize.

- And last of all, please be patient. A lot of this event is "hurry up and wait" kind of stuff. Please listen to our COs and XO on-site and follow their guidance.

Who's ready for our BIGGEST EVENT EVER?! Let's spread some Star Wars cheer!

:dancechewie:

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
If I didn't get your address yesterday, PM me. I am sending all the spotters our Starlight patches for keeping us all in line last night. Many thanks!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »
THANK YOU to all of our spotters! Your support, especially during this event, is crucial to keeping the rest of us safe. We are so grateful for you spending your Saturday evening with us.

Offline Sarah

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »
THANK YOU to all of our spotters! Your support, especially during this event, is crucial to keeping the rest of us safe. We are so grateful for you spending your Saturday evening with us.

I wholeheartedly second this! While I didn't see too many rowdy crowd members this year for you all to wrangle, your constant shout outs about potholes and max tracks was incredibly helpful for those of us with limited vision (especially in the dark). So thank you, thank you to all of you!
TK/ID/DS/DZ-26534

Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs!

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
My favorite save was at the very end of the parade when Adam (I think?) kept a lady from jumping into the middle of the group. I could hear her whining as he stopped her, "So you're saying I can't join in with everyone?" Let's just say she wasn't sober.

Offline NavySith

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
Thank you to the spotters, this troop could not happen without your assistance, thank you for all your help.

Sent from the Utapau battle front

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 07:01:27 PM »
Our spotters are a huge help at any event, but Starlight it's essential for our members! A huge thank you to everyone!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Tags: