Author Topic: Scout Build wip  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Scout Build wip
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »
I fixed the shoulder bridges, but if they're a cream canvas color, does that mean that other aspects of the soft armor need to be the same color too? Also instead of elastic for the kneepads, shoulders and side straps for the back and front chest plate I used black hook velcro all the way around. I also used white hook velcro respectively for the front and back chest plate side straps. Do they need to be elastic to make it look uniform? It's no big deal to correct, I have the materials to do so.

So far the cummerbund, chest armor, shoulder pauldrons, boots, arm and forearm guards, kneepads, flak vest, flight suit w riding patches/back flap, gloves, and blaster pistol are all done.

I cut ear holes into my helmet, and now just have to figure out if gaffer tape, or suede is best for the lining, I don't want to spray paint if I don't have to.

I am in need of purchasing a new SC belt, as the physical instructions called for rivets in the wrong spots, but the belt boxes I can reshore up in no time.

The boots need the holster to be riveted in place, right now i just have it stuck on with adhesive velcro.
Carpe Swineum!

Feel free to friend me on facebook!

TB-33575

Offline Darth Mel

Re: Scout Build wip
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:25:46 AM »
I used black felt to line my helmet with.  They sell peel & stick felt sheets at Michael's.  The black gaffer tape, as you suggested, is also good, as it is more flexible and will follow the contours of the helmet better than felt.

As far as your belt, Studio Creations does not vacuform the belt in one piece, so you will have to glue them together.  Panda Trooper has a great SC build on the Biker Scout forum:  http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=9781&st=40.  I don't have SC armor, so hopefully others Scouts can chime in on how they did their belts.

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »
I fixed the shoulder bridges, but if they're a cream canvas color, does that mean that other aspects of the soft armor need to be the same color too? Also instead of elastic for the kneepads, shoulders and side straps for the back and front chest plate I used black hook velcro all the way around. I also used white hook velcro respectively for the front and back chest plate side straps. Do they need to be elastic to make it look uniform? It's no big deal to correct, I have the materials to do so.

So far the cummerbund, chest armor, shoulder pauldrons, boots, arm and forearm guards, kneepads, flak vest, flight suit w riding patches/back flap, gloves, and blaster pistol are all done.

I cut ear holes into my helmet, and now just have to figure out if gaffer tape, or suede is best for the lining, I don't want to spray paint if I don't have to.

I am in need of purchasing a new SC belt, as the physical instructions called for rivets in the wrong spots, but the belt boxes I can reshore up in no time.

The boots need the holster to be riveted in place, right now i just have it stuck on with adhesive velcro.

Hello Andrew! If the shoulder bridges are cream, I think that means that your pouches and the drop box webbing is also supposed to be cream. I went with all white on mine, so maybe somebody else can chime in too. Check the example on the CRL as theirs is cream:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Scout_trooper

Also, regarding your use of velcro v. elastic, the CRL calls for black elastic for the armor as well as white elastic for the chest/back. If you have the elastic, I would switch it out. Plus, elastic has a bit more give for when you are moving around. If you find you don't have enough, hit me up with a PM and I'll get you some of my leftovers.

Regarding your belt, try to PM Spike on BSN as he sells a belt where he already glues it together so all you would need is the nylon webbing and two rivets on the very ends.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Darth Mel

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:40:28 PM »

Hello Andrew! If the shoulder bridges are cream, I think that means that your pouches and the drop box webbing is also supposed to be cream. I went with all white on mine, so maybe somebody else can chime in too. Check the example on the CRL as theirs is cream:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Scout_trooper

The shoulder bridges should be white to match the armor. 

Under "Chest Armor" the CRL states: "The chest and back armor join together over the shoulder and the gap covered with a loop of white fabric."  ("For level two certification (if applicable):  Shoulder bridge straps, attaching the front and back of the armor, are made of white cotton webbing. Not Nylon.")

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 02:27:21 AM »
SC notified me and said they are working on a solid piece belt mold, but it's not ready for use. Also is it okay to have certain pieces of gear to be up to lvl 2 certification, in other words mixed matched criteria if the goal is to reach level 2, but at least get through basic certification? I was looking at the specs and some of it just seems really easy to prepare and finish up later.
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »
I'm definitely going to go with the white cord for the bridges instead of the cream cord, don't want to have to replace the pouches. I'm still concerned on the belt though. I want to get my trooper done by may if possible, at most June.
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »
Where I'm at right now, but I just got the materials needed to replace the shoulder bridges, and SC told me they have solid belts available, so I'm going to purchase one soon.  I messed up on the initial cuts on my belt due to the physical directions being a bit misleading. So I'm just going to redo it all once I get the belt, It'll be easier that way.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:57:47 PM by Kyuzo Larkin »
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 07:03:07 PM »
Kind of late to the party, the knees need to be elastic. One major benefit of the elastic is when kneeling to take a picture with a little one, the strap won't dig into your skin. Good news to hear that SC is doing a one piece belt.

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:44 PM »
Just finished with the elastic for the kneepads today, and remade the shoulder bridges!
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »
So, how is it going?

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
Bought my new solid piece belt from sc just yesterday! Should have it in a couple of weeks!
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 09:39:04 PM »
Bought my new solid piece belt from sc just yesterday! Should have it in a couple of weeks!

Awesome!

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »
I need to rivet my boot holster, and glue down the 'wishbone' on my boots, in the meantime.
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
My new belt just shipped today! Yay!
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Offline Kyuzo Larkin

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »
Good news peeps! My solid piece scout belt came in today!
Carpe Swineum!

TB-33575

Tags: